help needed with ebay US

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by Grumblegrunt, Sep 6, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

can anyone sort out an ebay laptop for me? basically receive it and post it on as the seller wont post overseas.

basically I want this - Durabook S14Y Laptop for Parts or Repair | eBay - sent to the UK.

if he would send to canada I could sort it from there but you cant message him for some reason.

any help appreciated.

2. How much you paying for someone to fix it? What's wrong with your local it shop? Or you trying to get it done free/next to nothing?

3. Grumblegrunt

?

I bring these in and fix them up myself using bits I all ready have as much is common from the previous versions so inverters, screens, keys etc... I'm typing this on a repaired canadian durabook s15s and its twin is off on herrick 15 next week. previous versions did telic 1, 5 and herrick 11 and I've even bought veteran laptops from returning US soldiers to fix and send back out if asked for one. on the bike or when travelling I use the version in the ad as its happy in a crash or being in a bag which is thrown about or sat on.

you struggle to get them over here unrebranded ergo, rm or hi grade so I have to source from the states or germany where they are gericom. while not toughbooks they can take a hammering and I have sorted them out for various teenagers whose parents dont want to pay for new screens and keyboards every few months.

the only arse is sea mail taking so long and customs forms filled out badly so I end up paying vat on something which is in effect a pile of bits until I get it working. the vat is fine but the admin fee is a rip off.

4. My bad, in my late night/ling day mong I misunderstood, your looking for someone in the US to buy this and post it to you.

5. Grumblegrunt

well that is the case as the seller wont accept any contact so although I have been offered transport for it I cant get a buyer registered over there. Happy to send whoever a gift certificate to cover everything as I appear to be locked out of it. ebay is no use about it.

6. Grumblegrunt

is it an new ebay thing? I cant contact anyone overthere who says they wont ship outside the US. mental.

7. If you have a contact in the US, you can get it shipped to them...all you need to do is change the 'ship to' address.

I have found quite a few sellers who post international (mainly small businesses), so it does happen.

8. Grumblegrunt

had a response from someone moving back here who has said they will take receipt and stick em in their iso container which is great.

this seller says he will ship anywhere now I have got a msg to him but ebay still wont let me bid on the thing because he hasnt opened the listing to allow it. trying to find a bidder at the mo.

9. All you need to do it click on 'see all details' next to the shipping estimate (i.e. under where you place your bid), then change country to US. That will allow you to bid.