Help needed - trying to identify a book

A book on the shelves of my local library caught my eye recently, but I didn't make a note of author or title, and it has rotated out to another library before I could borrow it - so, before I can summon it back I need to identify it, hence (in a reckless gamble, I know) turning to fellow Arrse bookworms to see if it rings any bells.

It's a first-hand account, by a [former] US Navy SEAL of operating in Iraq.

Having dipped into it, the one chapter I skimmed starts with him unrolling a breaching charge (a little trick of his own devising) before entering a house, and ended with him shooting a woman who retrieved her (suddnely deceased) husbands AK47, and IIRC, just narrowly avoiding doing the same to their young son.

If that meagre identifier rings any bells with any other readers out there, perhaps they'd be kind enough to let me know by posting (amongst the almost certain barrage of flippancy and seasonal abuse) on here the details of the book in which they they read it

Cheers

And Yuletide Good Wishes

Stonker

If you put navy seal book into google, a scrollable banner with about 30+ titles and pictures of their front covers comes up, maybe you recognise one?

Amazon generally lets you read the first few pages of a book using the Look Inside feature. Search Navy Seal books on there and see if anything clicks.

Go to @mazon.com......not UK, and also go to Barnes & Noble and enter in Navy SEAL books.

Both of them allow you to leaf through some parts of various books, may be useful.

I feel your pain mate. I recently bough "Maddie- 10 Years On" by K & G MCCann. Put it down somewhere and now can't find it for the life of me. I'm sure it'll turn up.

Amazon preview is inconclusive, since it only covers part of chapter 1, so I will have to try the county's library catalogue to see if it features.

ETA
@muzzleflash - It's in the catalogue, and looks promising. Have you read it, and - if yes - did my brief sketch ring a bell for you?

Last edited:
I feel your pain mate. I recently bough "Maddie- 10 Years On" by K & G MCCann. Put it down somewhere and now can't find it for the life of me. I'm sure it'll turn up.

Attachments