Help Needed tracing Family Military History

Righto, I got two ex members of the Army, thatI would like to find out some service history for. I know capbadges regi numbers, and approx dates of service. But I do not know what units, what ops they were actually on or anything else. I am planning to make up a little framed history with capbadges, a photo and hopefully a little about their service. One is for my grandad (as one was his dad) an the other is an uncle.

Where can I search for this info? Surely it is available in a public archive somehwere?

the two gents in question are:

Gunner Albert Howson

Corporal Dean Mylchreest

left my bleedin notepad havent I! Service numbers to follow!

Thanks for any help

H

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
If by chance you find your gunner was in 25 Light Anti-Aircraft Regiment. I have a WW2 history of the regiment (scanned and stored both at work and home UIAVMM), a copy of which I'll gladly forward.

I also have a handful of photos and drawings. Memory suggests they are all immediate post-war in a German garrison.

sorry, Gnr Howson was 33-39 got out just before the war, and then called straight back up again so was 39-45 aswell

the other was 84(ish) to 95

that vets site looks handy.

apparently howson was mentioned in a book, wrote by an RAF bloke called Joseph Morley, but I cant find that, anywhere.

Thanks for the replies

H

oldbaldy

LE
For their records you will nedd do request an SAR.
Follow the link I gave.