Help needed - Scottish Premier League trivia questions

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by CRmeansCeilingReached, Nov 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i run a quiz, and the winning team gets to choose the subject of one round in the next quiz. the jock-heavy winners chose "scottish premier league" as the subject.

thing is, it's quite a broad audience and i don't even have a sports round usually. so i need to come up with some ideas for questions which fit the category, but ideally have some other sort of connection. i don't want "who won the SPL in 2004" or anything like that, because most of the audience don't know anything about football, let alone scottish football!

any brilliant suggestions? any triv connected to clubs, unusual personalities, famous connections, unusual facts about teams or something like that?

2. Have you tried google?

I kept a SPL trivia booklet handed out by one of the papers last Christmas, will have a look for it.

Edited to say I still have it (The Scottish Football Quiz Book, limited ed for Scotland on Sunday by Graeme Ross), pm me if you want a copy emailed.

3. What two clubs with different grounds (For the pedants who try to quote Italian ground share clubs) have the closest stadiums in the world

Both have been SPL, easy for football enthusiasts, however maybe not so for your audience

4. The answer is yes.....the SPL is trivial

5. i seem to remember an old one: what's the only city in the world with 3 x football stadiums of >50,000 capacity?

6. Name the two SPL teams whose name starts and ends with the same letter

7. celtic... and... erm...

8. i'm stuck - are kilmarnock in the SPL? and what about Dundee United?

9. Oops sorry 3

10. What was the famous marry Poppins play on words headline when Celtic lost to Inverness Caledonian Thistle

11. Carps: It's the The Dees(Dundee Football Club) and the Arabs (Dundee United Football Club).

Do I win a fiver????.

CTC

12. Who bared his arrse to the Aberdeen crowd yesterday? 8O :lol:

13. SuperCallygoballisticCelticwereatrocious or summat like that :slow:

14. 8O :?

15. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Dundee United and Celtic.

This sort of question sometimes causes confusion as to whether the "Football Club" suffix should be included. Staged a few quizzes myself, and have fell foul of this. Especially where the oatmeal ethnics are concerned.

Edit: And Kilmarnock! So that makes 3. :roll: