• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Help needed- Medal research

My wife's father died recently. We know he had a distinguished military career including service in Palestine and Malaya and time spent attached to 22. Unfortunately, we cannot find his medals. We know he had to have had some and I would like to get a set of replicas made up for my wife. Problem is how do I find out what he would have had?

Can anyone suggest a way of finding out what medals an individual was entitled to wear.

I have his name and service number and some, undoubtedly incomplete, details of his service.

He was discharged (voluntary) in the sixties so JPA isnt going to be any help!

T

Tinman74

I wrote off to the Medal Office to get my Grandads medals, as he'd not signed for them after the war. They were very helpful, and sent me his medals.

I didn't need proof of my Grandads death.
Same here, filled the form in popped into the post, medals dropped through the post. jobbed jobbed.

Latest Threads