Help needed in Dumfries and Galloway - Help for Heroes

Discussion in 'ARRSE Social, Events & Networking' started by chally2, Jun 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

A friend of mine runs a bar in Moffat and wants to run a Help for Heroes fundraiser during the Gala day there.

She wants to run an Armed Forces float and needs help with uniforms and vehicles. Serving or retired are all welcome.

If helping THE charity isn't enough of an incentive she does own a pub and the festivities will continue there afterwards.

PM for details or offers.

2. pm sent
  3. One good offer made.

Great day out in Moffat and a pub owned by a forces friendly landlady.

4. Do you have a photo of said lady?
  5. Incentive - turn up and see.

6. My uncle owns a country estate just outside Moffat so I could certainly see if my husband and I are available as the whole family tends to go for the Gala, keep us posted and I will see if we can be of assistance. We tend to go camping in Moffat in the summer anyway and there is a great camp site just outside Moffat called Craigelands. Hope we can be of assistance.

7. Cheers Dolly,

Will pass on your offer.

8. Any advances on two offers?
  9. OK. Have chatted to the girleis in the bar and they are willing to be in "uniform" for photos on the night.

Still needing vehicles, uniform and volunteers for the march through town.

10. Hey all,

We are still in desperate need of a vehicle. We are at the stage now of asking if you even know any reenactors who have roadworthy AFVs or troop transports. It is for Help for Heroes and any funds raised from the march and fancy dress competition will go to the charity.

Please PM me if you think you can help.

11. As an addendum the girlies behind the bar are very cute.

Sureluy you guys aren't turning this opertunity down!

12. Anyone else?
  13. when is said event? :D
  14. Try placing a msg on the King's Own Scottish Borderers website - in the Guest Book section.