Help Needed Identifying Regiment

Please can someone help identify the regiment of the soldiers in the following picture(s)?

Here is a copy of the original full picture:

Dad in Army.jpg

Here is a cropped version with a slightly better view of the Cap Badges:

Dad in Army copy.jpg

Thanks in advance :)

Gloucestershire Regiment. Wartime grey plastic version of the cap badge, worn on the Cap, GS.

Not the Glosters - not enough laurel leaves around the base of the sphinx for the Glosters:

There are a lot of other regiments with the sphinx cap-badge and Egypt battle honour. The IIRC the South Lancs Volunteers had a badge like this, with a simple scroll beneath the Egypt battle honour.

By the look of the shoulder-patches, this was an infantry battalion that had converted to Royal Artillery (very common in WW2).

The Lincolnshires' 7th Battalion certainly became a Royal Artillery unit; becoming 102nd (Lincolnshire) Light AA Regiment Royal Artillery in 1941. It was very common for such regiments to retain their old cap-badges (or officers' collar-dogs) while simultaneously being referred to as RA.

I'm having a root through the other battalions - the 1st, 2nd & 4th Battalions certainly stayed as infantry.

102 L.A.A. REGIMENT, RA, 1939-45

I abase myself, too quick on the keyboard. Royal Lincolnshire Regiment looks far more likely.

Are those Canadian Pattern ammo boots?

Agreed, a closer look at the shoulder flashes should help confirm as well.
I'm pretty certain that the shoulder-patches are for the Royal Artillery, although I cn't make out the lettering. The Royal Lincolnshires should have 'LINCOLNS' in white on red when serving as infantry, but this doesn't match:

The two-tone arm-of-service strip would also tend to indicate Royal Artillery (who had red/blue strips, while infantry had plain red):

Thanks for all the replies. Amazing response.

The lad on the left was my Grandfather, so it means quite a lot to me finding out a little more about him and what his regiment was up to in WWII.

His full name was George Bernard Fryer - maybe this can help confirm that the lads in the picture are indeed from the Lincolnshire Regiment, if someone has access to roll calls or something and cross reference this name??

Thanks again :)

102nd LAA Regt RA served in NW Europe throughout the campaign as GHQ Troops.

1st, 2nd, 4th and 6th Lincolns served as infantry:-
1st in India and Burma (Arakan),
2nd in France (1940) and NW Europe,
4th in Norway, Iceland and NW Europe,
6th in France (1940), NW Africa and Italy.

8th Lincolns were converted to 100th ATk Regt RA then broken up with the batteries being converted to Mountain Artillery. Elements of 186 and 188 Btys were used to make up 474 Mountain Battery which served in 1st Mountain Regiment with 52nd (Lowland) Division in NW Europe

South Wales Borderers, possibly: Dorsets or Essex are other possibilities.

I mean absolutely no disrespect by this, stuff happens, but are you absolutely sure that that's a period pic?