help needed ideas for charity event

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by pull.it.in, Sep 5, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. guys and galls,
    any ideas for a charity event.........something that does not take up to much time to plan...can be put together for end of year and will raise loads of cash...........thanks

2. How long do you have to carry out the task?

Climb Everest from sea level by repeatedly ascending a smaller hill.

Do a lesser version of the berkeley Thousand.

3. This event is carried out every year, climb Slieve Donard (NI for those geographically challenged), otherwise know as the Shire, twenty times ONO and Everest completed! and a good pint of guiness at any of the local bars afters.........please do not mention Armed Forces employment :eek:

4. This event is carried out every year, climb Slieve Donard (NI for those geographically challenged), otherwise know as the Shire, twenty times ONO and Everest completed! and a good pint of guiness at any of the local bars afters.........please do not mention Armed Forces employment :eek:

5. If this is a spectator event, then you should arrange for a mega prize to be up for grabs to draw the punters in....Last night I had a £9000 car to be won for a lucky shot on the ice. This is underwritten by an insurance policy (details avail on request). I had a 12 year old inches away from a win in front of a big crowd......

6. Hi guys new to site,saw the mt everest climb thing...sounds like a good idea. could you tell me more about his also please?

7. I've seen the Everest Climb also done on stepper machines at the gym by a couple of very dedicated lads from the Cdo Gunners.

Basically, you know how tall Everest is (JFGI if you don't) so you use the stepper machines to climb an equivalent to that.

8. plan to use a local big hill.but is there any way to jazz the day up,did you get press involved?how much did you raise?how long did it take to complete?

9. anyone with any ideas at all

10. Last night, we donated for a benefit in aid of Great Ormond Street, some passes for a day at a Police Skid Pan. I was happily shocked to hear they went for £1,000 at the auction they held!.