Help needed. French translation

IMG-20171103-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20171103-WA0013.jpg

We bought these in France a few weeks ago, the Cassoulet I imagine is straightforward to do, however I'm unsure of what to do with the Duck.

Can anyone translate the cooking instructions on the side of the tin for me please.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
View attachment 302373

View attachment 302374

We bought these in France a few weeks ago, the Cassoulet I imagine is straightforward to do, however I'm unsure of what to do with the Duck.

Can anyone translate the cooking instructions on the side of the tin for me please.
Pierce lid and stand in boiling water... then take yourself off to A & E.

Cheers everyone.
Now I know what to do with the Duck without giving us both

A. Food poisoning.
B. A small explosion in the kitchen.
C. The tins remaining in the cupboard until 2050.

Boiling water for 10 mins then remove, splash with cold water and quickly open holding a cloth over it

Have your spuds/rice or ready to complete the meal ( and wine, don't forget the wine)

(Lidl have Bordeaux Superieur for under a fiver right now).

For the foie gras: gently heat in a double boiler for 10 mins to melt the fat. Run the tin under cold water before opening. Cut into thin slices and cook in a lightly greased frying pan before placing on a freshly seasoned salad.

Store in a cool, dry place and use before date on lid. Once open, keep in fridge and use up quickly.

Voilà, sans google. Bon appetit!

ps I'd skip the salad bit :) it's nice on posh toast with fig or onion chutney washed down with a Montbazillac or Jurançon moelleux

Last edited:
Yes.
I'm preserving myself with a cocktail of fine single malts, port and organic cider.

The cider, being made from apples counts as one of my five a day.

It should say "Contents are fcuking minging, throw directly in bin" :)

Don't overcook the foie gras, it takes seconds to sear on either side in a hot pan. If you overcook it, it can go into mush. Don't forget to season with salt and pepper.