help needed for computer mong

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by jibman, Jul 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sorry if its an old question,but i,ve had a search of this forum and can,t seem to find an answer to my problem.

how do i post an image below my message,i,ve got a quote there now but i,d like to add an image as well.any help will be greatly appreciated,cheers.

2. enter text etc - Preview - add attachment - browse - find pic you wish to add :)

3. sorry taff could you go through each stage slowly mate :lol: told you i,m a mong on technology!

4. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

My stuff> My account> My profile information and then {img} the photo you want to uses location {/img}

Replace { & } with [ & ]

Any problems, give me a shout.

5. if you mean within the signature block...

[​IMG]

if you have an image best way is to host it on your own page ie.imageshack/photobucket etc

6. Just send me your password, oh and bank details, and I'll sort it for you in a jiffy.

8. yes mate i just want it under the quote at the bottom,i,ve got the image on imageshack but i don,t know what to do now! :?

9. ok copy location of image, i dont know image shack so if there s no code of url right click on image then left click properties, then copy the location that is shown, now go to in my stuff, then signature. type[​IMG]. that should do the trick if not change img for url in both []
    damn been a long time since i have done it myself :wink:

10. test

Attached Files:

11. there we go - feel free to PM me

12. there you go indeed ..that was not what he was on about :wink: he wanted it in signature block not as an attachment.....

13. ah always pays to read the post :)

14. Jib,

Go here imageshack and hit the browse button.

Search your machine for the file you want to upload.

When you have found the file. Hit "host it" on the imageshack website.

Once the site has uploaded your pic. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will have several options, link to forums etc etc.

Right click to copy the top URL code..the one that says hotlinks for forums (1).

Go to your account and click on my profile information.

In the signature block near the bottom. Paste in the URL.

Then Bob's yer fanny's aunt etc etc

Cheers N_W.

15. Being the mongest of computer mongs, I'll try to translate.

I presume that the image is one that you've got on screen from an internet page (if not, I haven't got a clue).

Right click on the image and select "Properties" in the box that comes up.

Put your cursor at the beginning of the bit that starts "http", hold down the left button until you've selected everything that's beside the Address. Let go of the left button.

Put the cursor over the newly-highlighted text, right click and select "Copy."

Close the Properties window.

Open your signature block editing page. Put the cursor where you want the image, right click and select "Paste."

Move the cursor to the start of the bit you've just pasted and left click. Type [​IMG]

Job's done.