HELP NEEDED FOR AN OLD BOY ... Not Financial!

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by k13eod, Mar 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Chaps,

As some of you are aware, I am a Welfare Rep for BLESMA. One of my old fellers is an 89 year old who lost his leg above knee at Monte Cassino. He was serving with the SAS at the time and is a member of the Regimental Association. He's a nice old boy and still fairly sharp but is now bedridden and seems to be giving up a bit. He has some issues that BLESMA will address but is financially secure with a reasonable pension.

He would, however benefit from a visit from someone from the SAS Regimental Association. I have a postal address but no e-mail contact. Anyone out there that can help with a contact please PM me ... it would be really appreciated.

Kev

2. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Sadly as I am not privvy to THEM, could I perhaps help him with a nice bottle of malt, or anything you can suggest, just let me know

3. Thanks for the offer Dave; he loves his whisky but sadly the doctor has forbidden it! As I said he wants for nothing really apart from company.

Cheers,

Kev

4. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Check PMs matey.

5. PM on way

6. Can't get into PMs at the moment ... coming up as 'ERROR' ... will try later, but cheers guys.

Kev

7. I wonder how many people are going to post 'PM sent!' in order to justify the bit of black nasty they've stuck on their wedding photos :D

8. Not me , but a current civvy work colleague is a member of the THEM association.

PM me if you still need a resolution on this.

9. Gremlin

Yes of course silly me. Should I not attempt to help Blesma, or should I just post the very little Info that I have right here on an open forum?

10. Ignore him, I suspect you pmd the contact I was about to when I saw your post.

How are you by the way, long time no see :D

11. Gremlin

Very well thanks, and yes you are spot on (ish)!!

12. Touche' geezer :D

13. Wasn't accusing you of anything mate, was just curious of how many responses would appear from the more walty of ARRSErs :D

It's good of you to help, don't take it the wrong way.

14. I've PM'd you however if you can't get to see the PM...

You can either put his name up or just his SASA membership number and I will give the SASA a ring.

No I'm not a "Them".

15. Back on line for PM's. Guys, thanks very much for the positive response and help; yet again ARRSERS responding quickly for their own. I will let you know how it pans out.

REgards, Kev