Help needed for a H4H Auction item

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by SandExporter, Dec 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am but a lowly civvie, but I have been selected for the Help For Heroes Big Battlefield Bike Ride (www.helpforheroes.org.uk).

In order to raise the required sponsorship I am collecting items for a charity auction next year.

I have bought 2 packs of the British Army Top Trumps cards to get signed by the CO's or a member of each unit represented.

What is the best way to get this done? Approach MoD? How do I get the required info without getting arrested? :)

Any help/guidance would be appreciated.

2. Send each one to relevant regiment with a letter saying please.

3. Unfortunately not all the Regiments have addresses/contact details on the MOD website.

I realise that there are good reasons for that.... but it doesn't help me achieve my goal - raise money for H4h with a unique pack of Top Trumps!

4. Got some belting advice from the Purple_Flash

Many thanks for those who got in touch.

5. I am also doing the BBBR, what units do you have on the top trumps? mabe I could help you out with this seeing as I am actually srving, I may be able to put you in touch with the right people.

Good luck with your fund raising

S_R

6. Sorry, hadn't read your PM first!

I have two full packs - I'll get the full list tomorrow (quiet moment at work should do!)

I've got the Micks and most of the Rifles sorted.

Purple Flash gave some excellent advise, so it's a few calls tomorrow too.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I'll be in touch.

Thanks