Help needed fast!!!!

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by SpotThePsycho, Apr 19, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ok i've gone and Pulled my calf muscle and i need to do a Multi Stage Fitness test tommorow (the bleep test) i have to do the test, i dont have a choice.

Is there any stretches or excercises i can do to take the pain off my legs for long enough to do the test?

2. Get some ice on it pronto!.... 20 mins on, 20 mins off! repeat as long as you can be bothered...4 times would be good though. elevate whilst icing. maybe take some asprin/neurophen.... apsrin will decrease pain neurophen- anti inflammatory.

massage may help, do before iceing, but thats dependent on how badly you have pulled it, as you dont want to worsen the tears in the muscle.

good luck!

3. oh yeh, stretch - find a step.... with the front of your foot on the step, drop your heel below your toe. hope that makes sense?

4. 800mg of ibuprofen (4 standard tablets) at least an hour before and preferably with food (milk at worst) and you won't even realise you've got legs!

5. Co-codamol and the brufen as stated above can be taken together and works very well.

Ice and heat treatments alternating. If you can, get a physio to tape it up using th estreatchy tape, it will provide support to the muscle!

OS

6. Co-codamol and the brufen as stated above can be taken together and works very well.

Ice and heat treatments alternating. If you can, get a physio to tape it up using th estreatchy tape, it will provide support to the muscle!

OS

7. R.I.C.E = Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation. Give it a Google.

Unfortunately, you havent got much time to improve your condition, you will probably just have to get some brufen down your neck and grit your teeth.
    Dont worry, pain is just weakness leaving the body. :wink:

8. Yer just do it as nike would say!!! who cares if you injure yourself further!

9. Do what you need to do to survive and get yourself sorted sharpish when you're done. If you're going into this situation with an injury you can bet your life it will be worse when it's finished, so don't waste time by waiting and seeing what it's like. The longer you wait the harder it will be for your physio or whoever. And i'm talking get it looked at within 24/48hrs.

10. You do have a choice. Go sick.

11. grizz it. painkilllers are for the weak. going on the sick shows you have given up.