Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by mwl946, Aug 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. mwl946

mwl946 LE Good Egg (charities)

Im not sure if I have posted this in correct forum - MOD please move as necessary.

Long story short: purchased a house and barn in Burgundy about 18 months ago, sale included outline planning permission to convert said barn to another house.

Now need to write to the Mayor requesting an extension to the planning permission as have been unable to get started on the work as soon as hoped.

While I have a good working knowledge of spoken French, a letter of this nature is rather beyond me!

Would some kind ARRSER be willing to translate a letter for me??

Payment if required, or a donation to hols4heroes offered.

Many thanks.
  2. pm me with the text you want translating and I will get it done for you,

3. Would you really entrust an application of such importance to a virtual entity? Far better paying the going rate to get the job done professionally. Grammar, syntax, and most of all tone, absolutely essential to getting the desired outcome.
  4. mwl946

I appreciate that and am more than willing to pay the "going rate" either to the person responding or as a donation for hols4heroes.

Thank you, however, for your response.
  5. Owly
    Have you met the Mayor? I'm sure you know this, but meeting the mayor at the earliest opportunity is very important in France; the smaller the village the more important it is to show proper form. You may find a letter more favourably looked at after having met him.
  6. mwl946

Hi JJ,

The Mayor is a "she" and so far we have yet to meet her as she has been away from the village when we have been over. Hope to remedy this when we go over in September ( bottle of Tullibardine and some Dean's shortbread in hand).

7. Good drills- might be worth handing the letter over after having met her