Help needed...........a copy of my discharge papers

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Wasanig, Jul 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Wander if anybody out there can help. I need a copy of my discharge papers in particular showing my conduct. I am emigrating to Oz and my discharge papers are one of the papers -as well as almost every other paper i have ever signed/been involved with/had my name on' that needs to be sent in with my application.

    I am ex REME if this help, i was wondering about writing to manning and records but done know where they are based now?

    PM me with any advice please?
  2. Wasa

    see your PM's

  3. Why not submit a SAR to MOD under the DPA 98?
  4. oldbaldy

    oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

    They have a six month backlog.
    Might be able to speed it up for something specific though.
  5. The statutory deadline for complying with a SAR is 40 days.

    MoD are not exempt, and have recently (Apr 07) published guidelines emphasising the need for this to be stuck to.

    If they fail to comply within the 40 days, you can go to Court to force them to disclose, and the Judge can award damages.

    You can use MOD Form 1694, or just send a letter stating Subject Access Request - Data Protection Act 1998.

    Though you could send the SAR to your last unit, I wouldn't bother. Many units still don't understand that the DPA is law and that they can't b*llshit round it. There's a specific address in Glasgow you can write to - let me know if you need it.