HELP! Need Student Nurse Information

McKaza

Swinger
Well done on your score! I thought that the maximum amount of points allocated on the test was 60 as that's what my case support manager told me:/ Thank you for the advice, puts my head at rest a bit! You've got the most difficult bit behind you :)
Good look for your assessment , on the cognitive test for being a student nurse I needed 55 and I got 60 which they said they would expect higher but it doesn’t matter since I passed. I found it hard and so did everyone else at my assessment centre because I am bad at maths to but as long as you try you’re best, on some I just clicked some random answers that were problerley wrong just because it’s all about speed, there was lots of long division on mine to. But the night you get there the staff do a presentation on the cognitive test and then when you do the actual one the day after you have to pass the practice questions before you can carry on with it
Or is it just the cognitive test screener (mock test on the portal) that you could score a max of 60 points on?

Carter2019

Swinger
Hey, been a bit busy, weren't ignoring you:) I've been told that I'm going to the assessment centre on 14/09/2019 and then the insight day at the end of October. I've pretty much been given the standard forms they send to everyone. I'm so glad I made this thread cause I've learned a lot form you guys! CAPITA haven't specified if the visit is a day or two, they don't seem too sure themselves... So I'm in the same boat with that one.
Hi guys, sorry for the late response! Firstly good luck with the assessment centre next week! I’m sure you’re going to smash it!! I’m on the insight day or ‘officer familiarisation visit’ in December. It was originally booked for the October one but my assessment centre was booked for the same date so they moved me to the December one instead. Still unsure about it all as haven’t had any update on it as yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carter2019

Swinger
Hi quick update, I have decided to stick at it and go for the student nurse not the dental nurse. I have passed assessment centre and was told I would get a date for the board. Instead on my portal although I have been booked into a ‘officer familiarisation day for QARUNC’ in December so same as you then! I’m quite confused by it tho as there is no details as of yet, it is just one day. Then I imagine after the visit in December we would maybe go to the board?
Hi, I haven’t been given a date for the board but was told at the tart of August it’s usually around February time(at least that’s what was said over the phone so could be then?). I haven’t been given a date for that but am book on the the familiarisation visit in December as you know! I haven’t received any details of it yet either and it only displays as one day on mine as well. I’m hoping that after assessment I’m updated with some more info as I get really worked up about not knowing stuff especially as there isn’t anything online about it! Fingers crossed we get an update soon

Carter2019

Swinger
Oh and another thing guys, I failed my first cognitive test before I went to the careers office for my briefing by 2 marks so was told just to speed up and be quicker about it! During my interview my mum was told by one of the soldiers there about something called mindmill I believe it’s called to help with cognitive testing I think if that’s any use to anyone that could help!

Carter2019

Swinger
I have just got back from the assessment centre and passed it is a two day assessment. I have now been told that to be a nurse I have to go in front of a board of nurses which I was told is tough and competitive and they only choose want the best since they basically are giving you a free degree and a student nurse is not a priority role but a nurse already qualified is. So therefore because of this I enjoyed the assessment centre so much and want to join as soon as possible so I have considered leaving sixth form to be a dental nurse which would not require going in front of the board and I could join straight away as you do ure training then qualifications in phase 2 trade 2. Tbh just as good as a nurse as it is similar money and not as hard. If you have any questions about the assessment centre I am happy to answer them.
Hi sorry to message again. Can I ask how long your assessment centre was? I’ve been told to travel up on the Monday and travel home 17:00 on the Thursday? Just thought that was a really long time frame as thought I would come home the Wednesday evening.

I travelled up on the Monday and was home Wednesday night. Looks like we will be on the insight course together in December. I now have a date for the board which is in February but still no info just the dates

Carter2019

Swinger
I travelled up on the Monday and was home Wednesday night. Looks like we will be on the insight course together in December. I now have a date for the board which is in February but still no info just the dates
Thank you so much for your response. Think I’m gonna call the careers office tomorrow and double check as I’m worrying a little now! Yes all looks good for insight course but still no info on my end about that! Any chance you can let me know the date just so I can arrange it with work(feel free to message me if better)

McKaza

Swinger
Just got back from the assessment centre, other than a 57 for my cognitive test (pass) I got really high grades across the board and enjoyed it so much! Does anyone have any info on the nursing board?

Carter2019

Swinger
Just got back from the assessment centre, other than a 57 for my cognitive test (pass) I got really high grades across the board and enjoyed it so much! Does anyone have any info on the nursing board?
Wow well done!! Just me to go now then at the end of October! Still no info on my end unfortunately but then again I haven’t any info on the familiarisation visit either x

McKaza

Swinger
Wow well done!! Just me to go now then at the end of October! Still no info on my end unfortunately but then again I haven’t any info on the familiarisation visit either x

Thank you, you'll do better than you think! Trust me! I'll call on Monday and try to update soon. Good luck! X

Carter2019

Swinger
Thank you, you'll do better than you think! Trust me! I'll call on Monday and try to update soon. Good luck! X
I’m hoping so haha but thank you! Fingers crossed we get an update soon. Can I just ask what day of the week you travelled on and what day you came back? I’m really confused about mine! X

McKaza

Swinger
I’m hoping so haha but thank you! Fingers crossed we get an update soon. Can I just ask what day of the week you travelled on and what day you came back? I’m really confused about mine! X

I set off Thursday morning and left Friday at around 1400hrs. My selection date, on the portal, was the Fri 13th of Sep. But I had to arrive before 1600hrs on Thu 12th of Sep x

Carter2019

Swinger
I set off Thursday morning and left Friday at around 1400hrs. My selection date, on the portal, was the Fri 13th of Sep. But I had to arrive before 1600hrs on Thu 12th of Sep x
Thank you so much! I’m so confused about mine been told arrive by 19:00 on the Monday and leave 17:00 Thursday which seems like a really long time frame to me!!

I arrived 7 on Monday aswell but went home Wednesday but there was only 10 of us in my group so we got through everything we needed to fast, maybe if there is lots of you like 30/40 it may take longer so you might have to stay until Thursday, depends on where your assessment centre is it might be different but I’m sure it only takes two days

Carter2019

Swinger
I arrived 7 on Monday aswell but went home Wednesday but there was only 10 of us in my group so we got through everything we needed to fast, maybe if there is lots of you like 30/40 it may take longer so you might have to stay until Thursday, depends on where your assessment centre is it might be different but I’m sure it only takes two days
That’s exactly what I thought so when they said an extra day I was confused. I’ll have to double check it with them. It’s at Pirbright for me but yeah maybe as you say it’s a big group

Yes as the medical and interviews for everyone can take hours so that might be why and I was at glencourse so may be different

Latest Threads