Help, need a computer nerd

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Porridge_gun, Feb 28, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

I like Google chrome, however one thing that hacks me off is not having a drop down list at the side of the address bar with previous sites visited.

Is there a quick fix to this? Am I a spastic?

Can any geeks help me, then I can get rid of firefox?

Please

2. There is, it says other bookmarks, far right of the window under the spanner icon.

Failing that, go into tools and add the "otherbookmarks" bit to your bar.

3. Have you tried Safari? Similar interface to Chrome, but because Apple made it, it looks a lot better?

4. If you go to back arrow button on top left of screen and hold down left button of your mouse all the sites you have recently visited come up.

To bookmark all you do is click on star button to left of http address to bookmark any site you want to keep, a box comes up for you to edit but if you just want to leave site name as it is hit close button.
    Bookmarks you have actually saved come up in two other drop down areas to right of screen
    Other bookmarks and the right arrows to the left of this button. Any sites you have actually bookmarked appear in these two drop down boxes.

FYI do not forget to keep clearing your browser cache in Chrome. Toolbox (top right)>Options>personal stuff>Browsing data>Clear browsing data (select time span from drop down menu)

Hope this helps

5. Porridge_gun

Cheers nerds. :D

6. msr

msr LE

Just out of interest, why are you ditching FF?

7. Porridge_gun

Because its sh1t, too slow and gone off it.

Chrome is miles quicker, simpler and apart from that droppy downy menuey thing its idea.

8. because as it developed it became resource hungry, slow and unstable. FF is now deleted from my Lappy.

9. Isn't Chrome a bit vulnerable on the security side? FFox is okay if you haven't loaded it with too many add-ons I find, although that may be due to a new lappy and windows 7 (which I like a lot).

10. That's interesting. So, if I'm perfectly satisfied using Safari on my Mac, (and really don't like fiddling around with computer settings), there isn't too much point in wondering whether to give Chrome a try?

11. msr

msr LE

Correct.

msr