Help muchly needed

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Griff_506, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Evening Fellas,

Im interested in joining up, i went to my local AFCO where upon the recruiter said i had to be 86 kg's. I spoke to a S/Sgt on the Army online chat where he said for my Height i had to be 14 1/2 stone can anyone clear this up for me ?

thanks in advance

Griff

2. How tall are you 7ft :? , I'm 6 ft 1 and 11st 9 and nothing was said to me.....

3. Im 5ft 10 and 85 kgs and just within my BMI.

How tall are you??

4. ahahaha.....blunt!

5. Put on some weight, but the good way! Get yourself down to the gym and beef yourself up a bit. Your recruiter does know best, each AFCO sets its own requirements so follow them!

6. Ignore Grub. Eat pies, lots of them.

7. The BMI requirement is the same at any office, the size of the recruiter giving you the info might differ though ;) :D

8. A lad at my selection process was deffered for being too heavy. 19 stone. he was 6ft. But a complete machine, All muscle. He was telling me he plays rugby. No doubt a protein guzzler. But As the other guys said. Listen to your recruiter. They do know best.

9. i passed selection at 5'10 and 57kg, i think there must be some sort of under 18's allowance bracket or something

10. Tell him you want to join the RLC, he will be sure that you will soon put on weight.

11. I'm only 5'6" and I weigh 57kg too. You must be really slim..

12. im 23yrs old 16.2 stone (102kg) and 5"11 (182cm) , when i spoke to the carrers officer , if bmi is out as mine is they put a note to the dr that im i.e of musclular build/ rugby player, 1.5mile run 10mins 50sec, and dropping !! but still got 8weeks before i apply as i want to be fit as susan boyle ,

13. Got a long way to go, Susans a fittie ;)

14. I would like to end up as fit a van damme :D

Not a hope in hell of that lol but i'm 5ft 8 and last i weighed was 97kg so still got a way to go :oops: :wink:

15. Nah, Big Arnie Shwazebanger :L

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.