Help! MiB Has a Tax Demand.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by maninblack, Apr 8, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

Yup, I got a self assessment tax demand in today's post.

How much do I owe President Tony's Support The Feckless & Idle Fund?

Fifty pence!

Yes, they have surpassed themselves and sent me a demand for FIFTY PENCE

Thank god they sent it out second class post.
  2. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Ask for time to pay :lol: :lol:

edited for literacy
  3. Stand by your beds, I had 3 of the little beggars, cost me just under 500 quid to pay back what had been screwed up by my terminal pension, I have found myself in the awkward spot of having TWO tax offices, one covers mil pension, the other covers civilian pay.. one way or another they are gonna get all your dosh. move to the channel islands
  4. Over the years I've owed something between 2 and 23 pence each assessment! Sure it's just jobsworths' justifying their existence... :roll:
  5. I got lucky once, last day of phase two trg, a letter in the post and a cheque from IR for £200

What a touch!! :lol:
  6. If you pay the demand it'll cover some of the bill for the letters I get every year telling me that I owe them nothing. And the other ones telling me that they don't owe me anything in rebate.
  7. Good news for me last month... they owed me £2.14 pence.

Was given the option of a credit to next years tax code or payment straight to me.

I am now the proud owner of a HMG tax orrafice cheque for £2.14p.

Must have cost that much to process papers etc.
    What should I do... pay it in... frame it... stick it ???? any ideas folks???
  8. msr

msr LE

9. was probably yesterday... crow!
  10. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Good news for me too; just before deploying the IR wrote to say that they did not intend to pursue me for the 32p they thought I owed them.
  11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I used to get daft ones that cost me more money to send the cheque than the bill was worth. I never put a stamp on any Inland revenue envelopes since they robbed me whilst I was on the books a few years ago, £17k in tax I paid in 12 months, I got £1500 back, 2i/c got the grand & I kept the rest for ahem incidentals. I went self employed after that year and things have been reasonable ever since!