help me please? I take my oath tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by swift dan, May 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hey guys, any help would be appreciated, so here is the deal.

tomorrow morning i take my Oath of Allegiance in Cardiff. yay me. problem is i thought it was at 07:50 however when talking to my sister whom is coming with me, she said that she thought it was at 08:50 and i can't for the life of me find my letter with the time on. so i was rather hoping there may be a way to check online? if so could somebody point me in the right direction since i have googled till my fingers almost bled.

thank in advance for any help =]

Dan

2. tut!. tut!.

3. Get there for 0700.

4. Turn up for 0750: if you're right then you'll be on time. If your sister's right then get a McDonalds and come back in an hour.

There's no charge for the first five minutes of my time.

5. yeah i was planning on getting there early :) better to be over an hour early than an hour late ;)

i don't get how i lost the letter though every single bit of paper work i have ever had concerning the army is in a nice little folder in its own drawer :p

ah well thank you anyway guys :)

Dan

6. I doubt it is 0750 as most offices don't open until about 0830-0900.
    When I recruited you would be expected to arrive about 0830-0900 to get a brief by the recruiter and then the oath was taking about 0945.

7. H3

H3 LE

Cardiff Careers Office - British Army Website

Hope none of the ACIO staff are on here ..... Plus their opening times are 09.00 to 17.00 !
    Just get there early and wait in the rain till the office open's !

8. i hope they aren't either :) thank you for the link :) and what makes you think its going to be raining.... i kid it will be hammering down no doubt :(

oldnbald i like your logic, still might get there for 07:50 just to be sure though, plus i do enjoy a good spoons breakfast :D

Dan

9. My God!
    are they still there? Took mine there in 65.
    Good luck Dan.

10. If you are very lucky, Tropper might meet you there and give you some tips.....

• Like Like x 1
  11. thank you very much kind sir :)

snail, if tropper did meet me there how would i know it was him. but do i need tips to take my oath?

Dan

12. Dan, he'll be the one ready with all the tips for your oath. After all, he wrote it. You can't miss him. He'll be driving a Centurion with L Plates.

Buy him a brew from me.

Slug hugs and good luck xx

13. Quality.

Norman Lovatt Holly.jpg

14. Get there early and relax. Take a few deep breaths, you'll be fine!
    Good luck x

15. So Dan, if ARRSE didn't exist I take it you'd be buggered then for tomorrow?

A tough one...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.