HELP ME officer interview soon

Discussion in 'Officers' started by moondog88, Feb 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. .

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  2. F*cking hell mate...grow up and stop being a tool. If you're off to the AOSB I suggest that you get seriously switched on before you get within a square mile of Westbury.

3. Incorrect capitalisation + incorrect spelling of a commonly misused word + not making sense + incorrect/absent punctuation?

You'll make a fine Officer, Moondog; just keep wondering about what to say....

Litotes

4. Oh dear child, if you think what has been delivered so far is rude, mayhap you might wish to consider another line of employment. The crude and licentious, and those who are pushed to their head, have a certain, how shall I put it, "robust" attitude to life...... even the RAChD isn't exempt from this blanket catagorisation. Oh, your spelling is still bonk, by the way.

5. Moondog, If you had any idea what being an officer was about then these things would matter to you. QED. Oh and as a subbie, your first platoon sgt would be likely to tear you a new one if you are that petulant (should you make it in to/out of the RMA!).

6. Moondog you tool, you asked a question and got a series of answers. If you are going to throw a hissy fit because someone picked up on a flaw in your question then you may as well go for your commission in McDonalds! The advice offered on here will be robust at the best of times, pick and choose what you will but if the cap fits then wear it!

7. Moondog, you are sounding like a pompous tw@t before you've even reached the rank of Officer Cadet let alone the lofty height of 2Lt.

On this website, as with in the rest of the Army, you have to deal with the p!ss being taken on a daily basis. Soldiers say it how it is, and that is best advice for RCB as well. Essentially:

Be yourself - if you are a good bloke who gets stuck in then you are in with a chance. If you are a tw@t then they will see that you are a tw@t and tw@ts (generally) do not succeed.

If they ask you a question in the interviews, then answer with what you think (preferably not swearing). Be honest, open, and don't try to be something that you are not. They do not expect you to be a military genius, they expect you to be a (reasonably) bright young person, who can discuss things with a degree of maturity and who works well in a team.

8. moondog, don't listen to them - they're being nasty.
    Just make sure at your interview, you try and get the chair closest to the nice old colonel with white hair. He has werther's originals in his pocket (if you sit on his knee, he might give you one) and if the questions are too hard, he lets you have a cup of tea while you think about it.

as to blues and sword, of course you get to keep them, they are on your 1157 and get signed over to you by the Sandhurst Quartermaster along with your new platoon, straight off the shelf.

9. Fine. I may have been an arrsey tw*t when I wrote that post last night, but I will not make a retraction for causing offence. AOSB is hard. You SHOULD be worried. You SHOULD be scared. It's not easy and it's not easy for a reason, moronic c*nt's make bad officers...

When I was a nipper I asked a few bone questions here and there but I learn't from them, you need to learn from this. THINK before you speak (this helps in all aspects of life).

Is your question: a) valid, b)sensible, c) literate? If the answer to any of these is 'no' then keep schtum. Good questions will be answered and you may even recieve credit for engaging the board members with a relevant query.

Ask a silly question like:
    'do the officer cadets get to keep there blues and those swords they have on the pass out parade, to the TA get the same parade?'

...It doesn't take a genius to work out what they'll think.

You probably have what it takes to attempt the board. Hell, with enough effort and some adjustments you may even pass. Get your head down, train hard, study hard and prepare. Prepare for their questions. Prepare your own (sensible) questions. Prepare by reading papers and other political periodicals.

10. moondog88,

You may be aware that there is a requirement to write a paper (essay) on a subject, during the assessment process. To be brutally honest and based on what I have seen from your posts, your grammar and spelling are both poor. I would strongly advise that you work on that area before you go, my friend.

Rgds

Jonny

11. If no-one else if going to say it then I will: WAAAAAAH!

Surely it must be..............

Plenty of bites though :yawnstretch:

12. Moondog,
    Welcome to the real, cynical world.....

Lets start with the positives: at least you had some initiative to come here and ask the question, I suspect many wouldn't. And you're interested in said career - also good.

Now, harsh reality: You have got a flavour (albeit brutal) of what to expect. Whilst the chappie at the interview might be a jolly nice one, the chances are that if you begin there as you have here, he will think the same of you as some of these people.

Jonny is on the button. A fairly high standard of written work is expected. In ths wrld of txt msgs, splg has gon out the wndw, but everything the Army does is based on attention to detail, and spelling/grammar are an obvious indication of your ability.

Secondly, if you are interested in blues and swords start a fancy dress shop. Whilst I agree they look jolly smart (I got married in a set) they aren't particulary important in the scheme of things. The girls aren't gagging for squaddies anymore (the press keep dissing us on the grounds of no money, cr*p accomodation etc - the fairer sex realise they're better off with Daz who works in Burger King). You'd be better off asking questions like 'Can I keep the body-armour please')

CM

:batman:

13. Interviews, psychometrics, tests... They're there to determine whether or not you're appropriate, you shouldn't try and beat them or change yourself to pass them. If you're not right you'll be found out eventually, whether on top of X-ray or by your first troop sgt but in the mean time you'll have wasted a lot of your time and effort and a lot of other peoples' too, not to mention tax-payers money.

You don't get to keep either blues or swords, they are Sandbags only issue.

The TA don't do a parade anything like the main course commisioning parade (eg no sword drill, only 30-odd people...). You will march around briefly and embarassingly but that's about it. The TA course is too short to really tackle stuff like drill.

14. Interviews, psychometrics, tests... They're there to determine whether or not you're appropriate, you shouldn't try and beat them or change yourself to pass them. If you're not right you'll be found out eventually, whether on top of X-ray or by your first troop sgt but in the mean time you'll have wasted a lot of your time and effort and a lot of other peoples' too, not to mention tax-payers money.

You don't get to keep either blues or swords, they are Sandbags only issue.

The TA don't do a parade anything like the main course commisioning parade (eg no sword drill, only 30-odd people...). You will march around briefly and embarassingly but that's about it. The TA course is too short to really tackle stuff like drill.