Help Me - Im thinking of Voting Labour

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Danny_Dravot, Jan 16, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. At the risk of being classified as criminally insane or a trolling c'unt...i really am considering it!

Reasons as thus:
    Whilst defence spending has been cut across the piece as individuals we've done alright with decent pay rises consistently
    Labour has learnt some hard lessons; they are working hard to ameliorate the damage
    They are an experienced government who aren't going to change for changes sake
    They are making good the disasterous immingration policy
    Loony Left Local authorities will endure in trendy boroughs; a change in central government is unlikely to affect this
    I've got no faith whatsoever in Camermong and his cronies
    Tories are going to hammer the Middle classes under the auspices of Strong Medicine tastes unpleasant etc
    The electorate is becoming less apothetic generally and is now lesslikely to stand for anymore nonsense
    Better the devil you know...

so have i relly lost the plot, or is this hangover deluding me...

2. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

3. Step away from the polling booth and take a deep breath.

4. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

D-D, your posts over the past month or so have been moving me to think you are losing your marbles; this latest has just confirmed it. :cry:

5. No, I would not say you have lost the plot. If you cherish things like the NHS, a fair deal for the honest working man etc, then I would vote Labour. Mark my words, if Oily Dave and his Eton cronies get in, they will do so much damage to the NHS. There is no difference between him and the Great Satan, Thatcher. Don't be hoodwinked into thinking that spending on the Forces will get any better. I seem to remember that the Tories were in power when the Options for Change cull happened.

6. It would be very interesting to see how Cyclops plans to get us out of the crap we are in.

7. The country is up sh*t creek without a paddle, irrespective of which party gets the majority vote. It is not going to be a shoe in for the Tories by any means, as Labour has a huge number of core voters dependent on them getting back into Government.
    I can understand some out there not having much faith in David Cameron, as he is unproven and does come across as a similar type of politician to Tony Blair. However, I believe he at least deserves a chance to prove to the country that his party has more substance than they are currently demonstrating.
    It has got to be a better option than placing a cross against a Labour candidate on the ballot paper.They have had their chance for the last 12 years and have made a complete mess of it. Time for a change!

8. im gunna leave a colt .45 on the table and look the other way....... ;)

9. Go sit quietly, the 'men in the white coats' will be along very shortly. :wink:

10. You need to see a shrink to talk about your delusions.
    Get help now or you may regret it for 5 long years!

11. Not nearly interesting enough to tolerate anybody actually voting for them!

12. In the last 4 days ive had 5 junk mail letters from the Tories......if they keep that up im definately voting labour

13. Have a quick scan here - that should allow you to resolve the temporary dementia. If not, we will apply to have you sectioned. Then you can have a long chat with Gordon in the rubber room when he is finally knifed by 'the Party' after the election.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The first 2 photos are sourced from the Daily Mail, so I expect Whet will be along shortly to denounce them as Tory lies...

14. Here's one reason not to vote Labour. (comment nicked from another site)

"..One of Brown’s biggest recent political successes is in establishing the meme that cutting the budget deficit to half its current level is the definition of success.

In fact, that would only be bringing it down to what it was when Healey went to the IMF and to more than double the annual deficit before entering recession...."

and lets not forget, he is only talking about cutting the deficit. He will still be borrowing and increasing the DEBT.
    That alone is enough reason never to vote these fiscally irresponsible fools back into government.

15. lol
    quick, call the men in the white coats!