Help me I'm a civvy chick!

No I haven't been keeping a secret!
This thread is for Forces Sweetheart.

Forces Sweetheart
Your very own thread for asking questions, cannot guarantee that the average answer will be that intelligible / polite.  But fill your thigh length boots.

How do you know about my boots??!! That's spooky.

So.......  views please...

1) Are current infantry officers generally of good calibre and well regarded?

2) What makes an OC a good leader and a good chap?

3) What's all this 'stag on!' business... ;)

4) What is the best thing you can get in the mail when you are on operational tour - blueys, long letters, photos, messages on tape, funny cards, magazines?  All ideas and feedback gratefully received.

5) What is the number one annoying thing about civvys?

I am sure I will think of more but this should get some interesting feedback started....

Thanks gang!

4) What is the best thing you can get in the mail when you are on operational tour - blueys, long letters, photos, messages on tape, funny cards, magazines?  All ideas and feedback gratefully received.

I am sure I will think of more but this should get some interesting feedback started....

Thanks gang!

1.You must be joking

2. Able to make a decision.

3. Come downto Aldershot and Ill show you :D

4. Pair of used knickers.

5. They breathe.

There you go, any chance of a photograph/telephone number/address/grid Ref???

Have any of you guys had sexual congress..

a) in an army vehicle (preferably armoured)?
b) on the mess snooker table?
c) involving some use of the regimental colours?
d) with your OC's wife/sister?
e) on Salisbury Plain?
f) while wearing DPM?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
1.With my fella in the battery office
2.The history room
3.A saluting dias on the regimental square
4.In a AFV 432(armoured tank)
5.In regimental headquarters toilet
6.In the guards stag box outside
7.On exercise on SPTA
8.Outside the Battery offices
I think i got them all ;D

NOR WILL YOU HAVE THEM MY FAIR LADY WARRIORS THAT IS  ;D
WE ARE SICK OF OTHERS BREAKING THEM  :mad: (THATS OUR JOB).  ;D

No i havent,we havent got warriors in our regiment,the AFV 432 is kinda similar though ;D

TOLD YOU I WOULD DO IT EVENTUALLY (cheers for the reply's) ( still no e-mail though) :p
1. not realy but terribly nice & dim need to get a real job though or listen to whats told to them with my hands around there throat  :'(
2. only if he or she makes free the Coy funds for a good p i s s up ;D
3. well thats either a good night out with all us blokes pole dancers & all or it's stuck in the middle of nowhere wondering why your not in your maggot getting some shuteye  :eek:
4.  phots from those lovely lonely ladies who need to well thats another story  ::)
5. long hair, unions, winging about dhss not giving enough money to them ( well get  ******* e d ) im sick of paying out for spongers from my tax.

Could state  more here forces_sweetheart but well you know how it goes  ;D

Thanks gang!

Thanks Chalky - I see you are getting the hang of ARRSE life.

Obviously, you chaps in green are free to ask a civvy chick anything you like and I promise to respond honestly!

Now...

a)Why are men all obsessed with gadgets?
b)What is the best way for an OC's bird to gain the respect of his blokes?   Keep it clean now........

F_H,
You're clearly a v good lass. Top tips are:
1. If you're chatting to the boys, be genuinely interested in what they're saying. They'll hate you forever if they think you're patronising them. If you're not interested in them, feign shyness and leave them
alone.
2.  Never ever flirt with them.or be seen to be flirting with them (not that you would, I'm sure). If they're more mature, they'll see you as a horror who's undermining the boss. If they're younger/less scrupulous they'll get the wrong idea...
3.  Ignore everything soldiers and their other halves say about dress. Be yourself - we love them for being them, and they expect us to be retro warriors of timelessness.
3.  Expect to be shocked! Toms have as sick a sense of humour as Offrs/or worse. They'll also get a kick out seeing if they can get a rise after a few cans of Tennants.
4.  Most important - don't get pissed or lose your cool in front of the boys. And know when it's time to go and let them get on with what they love - getting slaughtered and beating each other up!
5.  Be prepared to give support to their other halves when we're off on tours...bit wifey this...depends how serious an Army bird you want to be!

F_H,
I'd be v wary about your last point...you'll get a reasonable idea of their conception of your blurk the company commander by how chatty they are with you. I would avoid getting too worried about feedback & 'what the lads think about the boss'....you're other half will already know what he needs to if he's remotely 'in touch'. Additionally, he has a CSM, Coy 2ic and lots of Sgts and Pl Comds to get feedback from. Ultimately, some of the bloikes will always be pissed off about something or other the boss has done....it's part of the nature of the job which we accept. Sometimes doing the right thing is guaranteed to make you unpopular. I'd leave it, if I were you, and just be yourself and listen to whatever they choose to tell you themselves.