Help.....Im Scottish

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by Olik, Jul 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I understand the UCAS points system but can find nothing about Scottish qualifications. So what's the score? What qualifications count? Is it only highers?
  2. Sorry lad, but Scottishness is incurable.That said, it is encouraging that you've recognised that you have a problem and are willing to seek help for it. Ginger cnut.

Edited to say I'll get me own coat and feck orf back to the NAAFI
  3. I'm worse than that, my mums from Manchester with Dutch Jewish ancestors and my dad is from Edinburgh with Irish ancestors. I am truelly a mongrel! :p
  4. Have you got a galloping heroin/crack/meth habit?

Are you dependant on alchohol?

Are you addicted to deep fried anything with sugar on top, and grossly overweight?

Have you harboured sectarian and bigoted thoughts since you were conceived in a bush shelter in Springburn?

Do you like singing about Scotland, but don't like living there?

These are the qualifications required to be Scottish, I hope you are successful.
  5. I understand that bit but can't find which grades the army actually accept. I mean look at the list....

Advanced Higher
    Intermediate 2
    Standard Grade
    Intermediate 1
    Core Skills
    etc etc lol

Do they accept points from them all or is it onlye Advanced Higher and Higher like the navy do?
  6. Well, at least we can spell "dependent" and "alcohol". ;)
  7. An overly complicated education system is obviously one of the (many) downsides of devolution. I would take an educated guess and say that they would take into account points obtained in exams taken during the equivalent of 6th form for those who take A level / IB.

Looking at the list you could probably otherwise qualify points-wise via a combination of fine musical ability and a couple of bookkeeping exams.
  8. Of course you can, it's on every piece of paperwork you own.
  9. •There is no ceiling to the number of points that can be accumulated.
    •There is no double counting. Certain qualifications within the Tariff build on qualifications in the same subject. In these cases only the qualification with the higher Tariff score will be counted. This principle applies to:
    ◦GCE Advanced Subsidiary level and GCE Advanced level
    ◦Scottish Highers and Advanced Highers◦
    Key Skills at level 2, 3 and 4
    ◦Speech, drama and music awards at grades 6, 7 and 8.

Taken from the site linked above
  10. Very far from an educated guess. Scotland's education system has always been separate from England's. Nothing to do with devolution, I'm afraid.
  11. Correct, oldest system in the world. Still a complicated bugger of a thing!

12. That's fecking class ;)
  13. Are you perchance the ARRSE BNP rep ?? :?
  14. Me?! I'm not even British (except by ancestry)