Help!!! Im gettin tuped but want my redandancy, what can i do???

Thank you anyone for reading this, hoping someone can help! I work in a factory and over 200 people are getting their redundancy. Because i work on a certain layout, (no particular skills involved just packing boxes) the company i work for is saving 40 jobs, and i am one of them! They have tendered out to another company to save 40 jobs! I would be travelling 2 hours everyday there and back. What gets me is just because i am on a certain layout they want to keep i am not getting offered my redundancy which would have been substantial, the company are shafting us completely! Because they know that no-one will go. 40 people are getting tuped while over 200 are getting their money. What can i do???? Hoping anyone can help !!!!

To the ******* hole!!!

Made no sense what so ever.

Are you pissed?

Thank you anyone for reading this, hoping someone can help! I work in a factory and over 200 people are getting their redundancy. Because i work on a certain layout, (no particular skills involved just packing boxes) the company i work for is saving 40 jobs, and i am one of them! They have tendered out to another company to save 40 jobs! I would be travelling 2 hours everyday there and back. What gets me is just because i am on a certain layout they want to keep i am not getting offered my redundancy which would have been substantial, the company are shafting us completely! Because they know that no-one will go. 40 people are getting tuped while over 200 are getting their money. What can i do???? Hoping anyone can help !!!!
Swap with one of the guys who is being made redundant but wants to keep job?

Have a chat with Union?

Might be an idea if you edited your post as it is rather hard to understand.

I'm looking for advice. I work in a factory which is selling its packaging department to another company. Under the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations (TUPE), the new company will retain 40 of the employees but will shed 160. Those being made redundant have been offered a substantial termination payment.

I am one of those who will be retained by the new company but am not happy that my travelling time to and from work will increase (an hour each way) and would prefer to be included in those being made redundant.

TUPE protects my current employment conditions but I'd rather have the cash and look for a new job. Is there any way that I can decline the protection of TUPE?
Had to Google TUPE, but I've translated your post. I think.

Had to Google TUPE, but I've translated your post. I think.
Previous advice stands, one for the Union or an employment law solicitor (may be expensive).

A trip to Citizen's Advice may also be helpful as they will be able to refer you to someone who will not charge like a wounded bull.

Make sure you take all documention (original employment contract and all paperwork associated with offer to transfer) with you to any meetings.

Hope it all works out for you.

Talk to your management too. Its sometimes the case that they'd rather have people go by choice than otherwise. Although if the lay-offs are that large scale then they're alrewady braced for it.

how many miles is in the hour though? are we talking motorway driving or roads with a lousy set up?

If the latter could you cycle in or run, thus gaining fitness time.

Is there anything else you could do en route, to prevent such a loss of time? big shop, training and education to get a better job?

What are the options?

Redundancy for a box folder? Can't see it being that substantial.

This has just happened to me 20 field staff transferred, 60 office staff left with a very good redndancy package. Citizens advice may help but legally the company can do what they want as i have found out. good luck

There is bound to be someone who is being made redundant who would rather stay,as has been said already talk to the union,and management.

The chances are,they will let you swap,if your redundancy payment is less than the person who wants to stay it will add validity to your request,best of luck.

This is why you have Union rep's, Work reps HR and all the other waifs and strays that hang around when your job is threatend. Talk to one of them face to face.

Edit to add, that's not a facecious answer, TUPE and employment law is just that the LAW, and as such a ******* minefield. Doubtfull you will find anyone qualified to answer your questions "Over the internet!"

This has just happened to me 20 field staff transferred, 60 office staff left with a very good redndancy package. Citizens advice may help but legally the company can do what they want as i have found out. good luck
by do 'what they want', do you mean carry out actions that you don't agree with but they need to do in order to survive inthe private sector without going bump? You'll probably find they are doing 'what they want' within the confines of the employment contract that YOU signed.

LTL,

It is the jobs that are being made redundant or transferred under TUPE which effect those employees holding those positions at the time. I doubt an employer would permit someone to change their job within the company at this time if it would mean paying out more in redundancy payments. You could try though. Good luck.

This is why you have Union rep's, Work reps HR and all the other waifs and strays that hang around when your job is threatend. Talk to one of them face to face.

Edit to add, that's not a facecious answer, TUPE and employment law is just that the LAW, and as such a ******* minefield. Doubtfull you will find anyone qualified to answer your questions "Over the internet!"
What he ^ said get loads of advice from qualified people

A "good employer" would also compensate you for your travel cost and time, at least for a reasonable period of time. I don't know whether that is required of them, and the various advice below to talk to the union is good.

I suspect you don't have a choice as to whether to choose redundancy over travel if
the alternative job is in "reasonable travel distance"

Two points for you, are you a temp worker or are you a permanent member of staff. If you are a temp forget it but if you are permanent then you have an option. TUPE can only be applied to you if the new employment is of a reasonable distance away approximately up to 18 miles or 30 minutes, if this does not apply you are being made redundant end of.

thanks for that. Going to the citizens bureau next week. All the people that work in cadburys and they want 30 to stay (im one of them) didnt even get choice, got to get 2 buses and a train to get to the new place, later on in the year. they didnt even ask the 300 people in our workplace, I AND 30 OTHER JUST GOT TOLD

thanks for reply.....its 19 miles away and im permanent for 11 years.....gonna go citizens advice bureau, see if its true,
Two points for you, are you a temp worker or are you a permanent member of staff. If you are a temp forget it but if you are permanent then you have an option. TUPE can only be applied to you if the new employment is of a reasonable distance away approximately up to 18 miles or 30 minutes, if this does not apply you are being made redundant end of.