Help Identifying ww2 soldier.

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone have any idea which unit the two soliders in the below picture are likely to been from? The insignia indicates "Tec-4" Sgt apparently. Were hospitalised in Bromsgrove UK in about 1945.

Thanks

Mate, if that was scanned at a higher resolution, would you be able to make out the insignia on the colars of the guy on the left? Are they visible on the original?

Boney

Neither of them is wearing a formation patch on their left sleeve - that would have helped. Not aircrew either as not wearing wings. Think you've got your work cut out there mate.

Guy on the right, have we ever used inverted chevrons like that? Looks more like USAF rank.

Boney

Thanks - I'll try and do a higher res scan tonight - The insignia of the chap on the left isn't visible in the original photo either unfortunately. Is there any indication if they are Army or USAAF ?

What's a Spam?

Thanks

Looking at this again, the bird has got massive tits!

Spam - septic, i.e american forces

No expert on US WW2 uniforms, but if a better scan suggests they were USAAF (US Army Air Force), this might be of interest:

LINK (big pdf file) identifies four USAAF bases in Worcestershire. Page 87 of the pdf.

You could try asking in the Multinational HQ.

msr

Letterwritingman said:
I would suggest that the one one the left is Maj/Lt Col rank the over is obviously OR, other than that not much I can glean from this.
No, disagree..what might be oakleaves on the lapels are in fact ORs "US" or arm badges (script on circular collar dogs). Also he is wearing an all khaki/green outfit and not officer's "pink" slacks. If they are USAAC/F then they have no 8th AF shoulder badge and no sign of wings/brevets. Interestingly they are also wearing no ribbons - not even GCM or the 1941 campaign which almost every Yank serviceman got before they shipped out! No arm indicators either on the lapels..

Why don't we get more of this stuff on here...I love it!!

oldandcold said:
Good drills, missed that myself but then I am tucked up safe and warm with Mrs Cuddles these days, far from shot and shell - providing Kentigern House doesn't do a trawl through the "come on, you know you really want to, you've done it so many times before" file...you must be very old and very cold!

The guy on the right is a US army Technician 4th Grade.

Much more importantly though, why did all the women in the forties look identical? Must have been a b@stard in a crowded pub finding the right one after a trip to the gents. :)

(Edited...Sorry Hackle, missed your comment above!)

Cuddles said:
oldandcold said:
Good drills, missed that myself but then I am tucked up safe and warm with Mrs Cuddles these days, far from shot and shell - providing Kentigern House doesn't do a trawl through the "come on, you know you really want to, you've done it so many times before" file...you must be very old and very cold!
I pass Kentigern House each day on the way to work; shall I break their windows? :lol:
Edit; lovely place,

In fact I won't bother breaking the windows; someone else has had the same idea.