Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help identifying military badge

Hi,

I was wondering if somebody could help me identify the attached badge.
It belonged to my Great Uncle who has sadly passed away this week and so we would love to be able to find out more about it so we can mention this at his funeral last week.
The only information I know is that he was only in the end of world war 2 if that helps identify it in any way.
Or if anybody can decipher the text on the badge and could help me identify what these say and what they mean.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance :)

IMG_1426.JPG

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
No idea it looks like UKACA on the scroll, but no idea what that is. Any idea where he served?

UK Army Cricket Association which was around at the time of the second world war and still exists today.
There seems to be a small 'r' in the corner of the 'C'

Last edited:
UK Army Cricket Association which was around at the time of the second world war and still exists today.
There seems to be a small 'r' in the corner of the 'C'
I don't think that's a C, it looks like either probably an E, or possibly a G.

Further to my last, it's the UK Atomic Energy Authority Police.View attachment 350125
Most likely and much more exciting than cricket! For interest, when would that have begun, probably close to the end of ww2 - the chap could have been one of the first.
I hereby give Helm full authority to remove my 'informative' award and replace it with a 'bollocks' emblem @ no. 3 above!

Last edited:
Hi,

Thank you for coming back so quickly!

My mum has provided some further information:
He joined up just before the end of the war in 1945 in Northern Ireland. The war ended as he finished basic training but he was a PTI and she doesn't think he ever served abroad.

Does this help confirm the badge?

Thank you

...a nuclear policeman...

Eeeee...What will they think of next?

More seriously, what does the triangle in the badge represent?

EDIT a quick squint at the CNC website shows the Lion and Triangle have been replaced by what I think is a Hippogriff. I blame JK Rowling.

EDIT Seems its a Griffon.

Last edited:
Hi,
It belonged to my Great Uncle who has sadly passed away this week and so we would love to be able to find out more about it so we can mention this at his funeral last week.
I think I know how he died...

Latest Threads