Help identifying medals

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Percussion_Cap, Aug 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If anyone can help me identify the medals shown in the pic I'd be ever so grateful. Especially the cross-shaped one.

Attached Files:

2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

OBE 1st GSM, then ? then UN with Kosovo bar, Telic/osm? Kuwait after perhaps. Nothing out of place for a retired WO/ LE

3. MBE, GSM, Gulf War, NATO, Iraq, Liberation of Kuwait (Kuwaiti and Saudi versions)
    Last 2 not authorised for wear, generally.

4. Is that a police tunic?

5. Thanks everyone, knew it would be mystery solved in minutes few with the help of the experts on arrse.

Jacob, yep, although they were picked up in a previous life.

6. Not so-last 2 are Omani: Omani GSM (probably with clasp 'Dhofar' in Arabic script) and the Omani Peace Medal. Given that his Brit GSM has only one clasp, it's a fair bet that it's 'Dhofar' and not 'Northern Ireland'.

A nice group: where did you see these?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nice, especially if they are Dhofar!!

I stand corrected, and gladly at that!

8. Yeah, seems he was a bit special in previous incarnation. Don't want to embarass myself or anyone else by saying too much!

9. OBE(Civil) GSM, GULF, NATO KOSAVO, TELIC Omani GSM and Omani peace medal

10. P_C: would you object if I posted that pic on another (medal collector) site? It's probably a unique group and would be sure to have grown men dribbling like an 85-year old with Parkinson's.

If not, I can understand your reluctance.

11. PM sent 40C

12. PIC.jpg

Can anyone list these?

13. Telic, QGJM, TD...at a squint

14. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Depends - could you possibly get a slightly more grainy picture to help out a bit?

(Probably Telic, QDJM then VRSM)

15. Best pic there is....

Telic, QDJM are for sure, but its the last one that I cant identify?