Help identifying a multi tool in a BCB kit.

ugly

LE
I’m the same with fixed blades.
I carry them when I have reason to use them and it’s not an issue.
Not been stopped carrying a fixed blade on me, off the estate they go in a bag, I was inside a police station having a chat many years ago when they decided to turn out my pockets and yes in there was a lineman’s knife, cable cutters, eye tying pliers but not a stuff was given as it was my work coat

Slime

LE
Not been stopped carrying a fixed blade on me, off the estate they go in a bag, I was inside a police station having a chat many years ago when they decided to turn out my pockets and yes in there was a lineman’s knife, cable cutters, eye tying pliers but not a stuff was given as it was my work coat
When I worked as a bushcraft instructor I made some sheaths with quick release buckles so I could just unclip the sheath if I had to pop off site etc.

I did forget once and found myself with the knife still on my leg while I was shopping in a Tesco store :)

I think no one cared as it was out in the sticks, arguing the point in a city centre store might have been different.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I just go with the flow and am happy to carry a folding knife everywhere as I don’t have to worry about a good reason :)
You don't frequent nightclubs.

Slime

LE
You don't frequent nightclubs.
Very perceptive :)
To be honest I stopped going to nightclubs in the days when blokes weren’t allowed in without a tie :)

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Very perceptive :)
To be honest I stopped going to nightclubs in the days when blokes weren’t allowed in without a tie :)
Some places even let men in without a hat and cane !

Slime

LE
Yes, the "without good reason" makes all the difference and makes it entirely debatable. The excerpt @Slime posted says "lock knives... can include multitools". Does that mean I can't carry a Leatherman Wave around with me unless I have a valid, specific reason?
I knew police officers who would give people a hard time for wearing a multitool, sometimes to the extent of 'confiscation'. The reason/excuse given for carry was generally for some kind of work from plumbing and electrics to handyman.

I knew a few police officers who would carry a multi-tool giving exactly the same excuse, that they may need it for work, and nothing happened to them. I used to have a multitool along with a first aid kit and a few other useful odds and ends in my grab bag that I kept in the area car.

Personally when I was on the beat if someone was wearing a multitool on a belt and they looked middle aged, respectable and like they were a tradesman I left it at that.

That’s bizarre really. only 27p cheaper to get it from the UK than shipped from the USA!
I checked the UK source some weeks ago to discover they were not shipping because of Corona Virus . I then carried out some research concerning paying additional costs on items purchased from USA . I discovered that for personal items as a gift ( to myself ) no VAT on items with a value of less than £89 … items up to £135 other than tobacco, alcohol and fragrances are free of Import Duty . The Jack Knife price was £11.32 so I believed was thus exempt from both .
I took a punt and ordered a Jack Knife from what_price_glory through E Bay on 22 May for a total cost of £24.30 including shipping and received it on 30 May with no additional costs … delighted .

2020 Jack Knife WL.jpg

... there is a small mark on the knife blade " Made in China " ... I am not fazed by that because I now have a knife similar to the de rigueur style for Scouts when I was a boy ... I shall still of course keep my issued knife

Last edited:
Ah, found it! I knew I had one somewhere. This came in a corporate gizzit bag from Lockheed Martin twenty years ago. Unfortunately, it's not actually made by Skunk Works, rather the Pangolin Factory in Xjinyang.

20200604_160508.jpg
20200604_160546.jpg

Latest Threads