Help identifying a multi tool in a BCB kit.

Slime

LE
It's been three pages now and I'm still trying to work out why the kit contains a spare stocking suspender (shown below the packet of needles).
Any ideas, anyone ?
Thats a very simple way to attach cord of line to an improvised tarp.
A parachute can be turned into a shelter and the suspender clips make guy line attachment very easy

Slime

LE
Both types still being made - not sure about the crocodile can opener, they might both have the newer version.
Ive got one of the reproduction plastic scaled knives on watch on my ebay account.
I don’t have any use for one, but still might buy it :)

Slime

LE

Slime

LE
Every day a school day and all that.
Many thanks.
Think about attaching a guy line to the corners of a basha or rectangle of material, it can be tied on, or a stone placed near the corner and the guy tied around that.

A lot of chutes are circular, so no corners, its also just a simple method and only requires knowing how to tie a granny knot.

Slime

LE
Here we are, does have the original type can opener:
No, that’s a nice sheffield one made to OEM spec.

I’m looking at a cheap chinese one, although with the cost of postage it might be better to pay a little bit more and get a nice one.

I had hoped the cheap knife would be easier to open the blades on.

Slime

LE
This one.
39723F1A-1474-426C-A0B6-C45B9B795195.jpeg

No, that’s a nice sheffield one made to OEM spec.

I’m looking at a cheap chinese one, although with the cost of postage it might be better to pay a little bit more and get a nice one.

I had hoped the cheap knife would be easier to open the blades on.
I've got an original black handled knife somewhere. Also a single blade stainless I used for farm and equestrian duties - didn't need the marlinspike, I had a proper hoof pick.

Slime

LE
I've got an original black handled knife somewhere. Also a single blade stainless I used for farm and equestrian duties - didn't need the marlinspike, I had a proper hoof pick.
see post #43

Hmmm, it was an ex booty in my Sqn who had one but sure it was an issue British Army one.
See any WW1 era British mounted unit and the white (string) lanyard around right shoulder is for said knife.

Q probably is - can you marl with a hoofy doofer?
I acquired and still have an MoD clasp knife with a spike, never understood the point of the marlin spike - as it was a gizzit I didn’t complain at the time.

Slime

LE
That’s bizarre really. only 27p cheaper to get it from the UK than shipped from the USA!
Will you get tapped for tax and handling charges as well though ? I got stung ordering kit from the US, made a bargain less so!

Slime

LE
Will you get tapped for tax and handling charges as well though ? I got stung ordering kit from the US, made a bargain less so!
I haven’t done before when ordering via ebay.

Edit:
I meant to add.
Thanks for posting that :)
it would be easier to oder from the U.k.

I hadn‘t replied earlier as I was looking it up :)

I haven’t done before when ordering via ebay.

Edit:
I meant to add.
Thanks for posting that :)
it would be easier to oder from the U.k.

I hadn‘t replied earlier as I was looking it up :)
If you decide to order one from the " UK " source please post about the costs etc .... that design was de rigueur for all Scouts when I was a lad and for ~£15 i could be tempted to purchase a one for a trip down memory lane .

Slime

LE
If you decide to order one from the " UK " source please post about the costs etc .... that design was de rigueur for all Scouts when I was a lad and for ~£15 i could be tempted to purchase a one for a trip down memory lane .
Ok.

Used to carry a Swiss Army Knife until I watched a Pomgolian mate slice off his thumb trying to cut biltong because the useless piece of shit doesn't lock.

These days I carry a Kershaw Blur clipped into a pocket, and a Gerber Shard on my keyring.

Although the Blur won't be legal in the UK. Apparently they prefer you slice off your fingers. This may be a better option than the Swiss aberration, the Lansky World Legal. It's a bit stiffer in operation than your average digit amputator.

Slime

LE
Used to carry a Swiss Army Knife until I watched a Pomgolian mate slice off his thumb trying to cut biltong because the useless piece of shit doesn't lock.

These days I carry a Kershaw Blur clipped into a pocket, and a Gerber Shard on my keyring.

Although the Blur won't be legal in the UK. Apparently they prefer you slice off your fingers. This may be a better option than the Swiss aberration, the Lansky World Legal. It's a bit stiffer in operation than your average digit amputator.

For people who aren’t to be trusted, or don’t understand how folding blade knives work there are still plenty of Swiss army knives to choose from.

Victoninox sell knives that have liner locks. some also have one handed opening main blades.

I often suspect that the people who have issue with folding knives are the same people who have issues with other bladed tools :)

EA67C66F-3990-45FB-8EDB-3462F8B4D693.png

Latest Threads