Help ID b/w photo of TA Cpl from Clitheroe

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by msr, Jul 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

Bit of a long shot, but perhaps the power of arrse can help out:

I found this photo on the tram in Manchester on Thursday. It was with some tickets which were for a return trip from Clitheroe to Bristol Temple Meads.

I have asked Virgin if they can identify the purchaser of the tickets, but they were bought for cash in Clitheroe.

So, if you can help me re-unite this pic (actual size approx 6cm x 4cm) with its owner, please drop me a PM.

msr

Attached Files:

2. Going by the dating evidence - long frock on the bird in the background, street devoid of vehicles, it could have been taken any time up to yesterday.

Although the shadows would imply that the picture was taken somewhere sunnier than Clitheroe.

3. Fcuk me! Another PI! :wink:

4. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

WRAC Association must know when there was a large parade in Hyde Park. Looks 1950s to me.
    A letter in the local rag perhaps?

5. Hmmm... 1950's, Hyde Park, parade in front of HM the Queen...

Coronation maybe?

But where was she off to in 2008?

6. Surely it's not Territorial Army, it's Auxiliary Territorial Service, the ATS.

Tried Clitheroe RBL?

7. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

The WRAC No1 dress was a strange beast IIRC. Had a skirt in the collection, quite rough serge and dark green, tried to get a tunic but to no avail. I think the tunic had sort of horizontal pleats down the front.

8. Write into the Lancs evening news they run an old pictures article every week and not the first time they have posted lost pics in the hope of returning them

9. msr

msr LE

Thanks all for your advice.

I have sent a copy of the pic to the WRAC association and to the Clitheroe Advertiser.

msr