Help, I need Compo!

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Mountain_Git, Jul 3, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I need approx 84 x 24hr ration packs. (Just for starters) Can't scam them through the system as I'm EX army these days, so need to buy them with hard currency.

Does anyone have any details of the company that supplies the forces?

I'll need -

Company Name, phone number and if poss....website.

Incase anyone's worried about me setting up my own Provo/Al Q Terror Trg Camp......it's for Emergency Rations for an offshore oil installation that's being decommissioned. (Legit end user can be proven) :D

I need enough to feed 12 personnel for 7 days. It must be food with a long shelf life.....approx. 3 years. If we can get them, we may start using them on other installations too.

So far all we can find are Tinned Tatties from Tesco with a 2 year shelf life. Having lived on that compo shyte before for weeks on end.....I thought it wouldn't kill them if they get stranded for a few days.

Don't care what's in them....even the crappy training rations are fine. It's just incase we get anyone weather bound offshore.

Any Loggies know where they come from?

Thanks!

2. PK

PK Old-Salt

3. In a camping shop the other day I saw some of the Wayfarer meals come with built-in heater packs. Anyone tried them? Any good?

4. Thanks....

I had tried a few outdoor shops and surplus shops, but I think they like to up their profit margins a bit. Can't blame them....... :D

I'll try Wayfarer.

Cheers!

5. Looking round surplus shops £9:99p is the average cost for a GS rat pack.

6. The company is called Westler Foods (not London Jock's rather Freudian "Wrestler" - what were you thinking of? :oops: ).

They make the boilies that go into Army ration packs and sell civvy versions to camping shops and the like.

They will sell boxes of the civvy version to you but only in what they call "expedition" quantities. In reality, this is not a massive amount: from memory, I think the minimum they would ship to me for feeding my Evil Minions was three boxes of twelve boilies.

The price worked out pretty cheap: about £1.69 per meal, rather than the four quid or so they sell for retail. Plus you get the added benefits of a wider range of meals than in the Army rat packs (Chicken Madras, for instance) and the element of choice.

The e-mail address Jock gave was right, though: http://www.militaryrations.co.uk/products.html

:!: P.S. (Added by No. 2) Dr Evil is not a loggie. He found all this out back in what he calls "the Day", when he was a mere evil larva and was rebelling against being made to eat training rations (which he did, just once).

7. 307

307 War Hero

Anyone know if the US style MRE heaters will work with Brit rats? Be handy to have a couple for a warm meal with no need for a fire. Could heat on the move etc. as well, just makes it easier.

8. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

I would wager they are bit to vigourous for our delicate scoff, but it would be something to see! :wink:

9. The MRE heaters work very well with British compo bags. Sometimes its a bit of a tight fit (ooer) to get the boilie inside the MRE heater, but you can just lay the bag on the outside. Great bits of kit, but they probably cost money so we're never likely to see them in British ration packs.

p.s. - just don't try and make tea out of the water....

10. And dont have 10 blokes in a 9x9 all using them at once, and light up a tab. Aparantly the fumes are flamable.

I bought loads of the heaters back from the sand pit to use with our rations. They work a treat.

Boney

11. 307

307 War Hero

good good, deffo gonna get a few of them, should be sh*t hot!

12. Wouldn't cook too well if they weren't...

Make sure and get the "soft" ones, as opposed to the hard variety.
    The hard ones, which have a cardboard insert tent to split when a British boilly is forced in, the soft ones don't.

13. 307

307 War Hero

Thanks for the tip, sounds like quite a few lads are using them, not only my bright spark then!

14. FCUK THAT JUST GET 15 TRAYS OF STELLA ! THAT`LL SEE YOU THROUGH DAY 1

AND FOR THE NEXT 2 DAYS OF HARDSHIP A POT NOODLE ,A BOTTLE OF ABSINTHE AND A W*NK MAG SHOULD SUFFICE :lol:

OOOH PER MAN I MEANT