Help i have a complicated situation

Discussion in 'Armed Forces Pension Scheme' started by andrewmcginlay, Aug 12, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Rite where do i start

    i was injured playing sports in the army last year with a serious spinal injury that hasn't shown any signs of improvement after alot of rehab and injections.
    So i was told i was going to be discharged under medical grounds.
    I was waiting on my med board and it felt as though i was just pushed to the side and left to my own devices .
    And after suffering with a serious amount of pain and depression one night it was all too much so i decided to try some cannabis to numb the pain and unluckily for me there was a drug test the next day so i was discharged for failing a cdt but then a few days later occupational health phoned me and the still wanted to go through with the med board which was on the 8/8/12 and they discharged me under medical grounds under p8 so i have been discharged 2 times for 2 different things so the thing i want to know is will i get any resettlement or pension or lump sum of any sort
    thank you
  2. As shit as your situation is, you were aware of the Army's policy on drugs. Tough shit.
  3. Bowmore_Assassin

    Bowmore_Assassin LE Moderator Book Reviewer

    Whilst I agree with Clunge's sentiment and you were clearly stupid whilst serving, my advice is for you to contact the Royal British Legion and get some proper advice about possible entitlement based on your injury.

    You won't get much sympathy on here.

    Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE app
  4. Contact the RBL as advised.
  5. Ok thanks it's not sympathy I'm after it's stability as I don't have a job and my life is all over the place now and I am expecting a baby in 4 weeks so I'm just looking for some answers
  6. Bowmore_Assassin

    Bowmore_Assassin LE Moderator Book Reviewer

    FFS chum, I just posted. Your best option is contacting the RBL. They are experts in this area.

    You will not get any better advice on this thread.

    Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE app

  7. See your PM Andrew.
  8. PM sent

  9. Andrew, there is an explanation waiting on your PM.
  10. What area do you live in??
    Might be local help available as well as the already spot on advice posted.