HELP - Horsebox Hire

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by chunky, Aug 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone please help! I need to borrow/hire a horsebox to move a horse from Bath to Swindon on posting. I'm rapidly running out of ideas...

2. Check PMs.

3. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Why not give the stables at Shrivenham a ring? They might be able to help.

4. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Have a look at Horse & Hound in the adverts section.

There should be a few in there & also firms organising Horse Transport.

Alternatively go to your local Riding School/Pony Club and ask if anyone will either rent one to you or transport it for a fee.

5. Try these people, based in Bath: Roman Horse Transport

Might also be worth calling Bath Racecourse - there is an unofficial national network of racehorse transport that runs almost like a bus service where you can occasionally book places for non-racers.

6. Bath to Swindon, how many miles? Why not ride the nag? The exercise will do it good, and save you a bit of dosh.

7. Are you still in stuck - my neighbour is a smith and he might be prepared to help for money! It usually operates his Wilco button!

8. Or catch the back of the BBQ season and offer your friends and neighbours a bit of Pferdewurst.

9. But do try and avoid using the M4.

10. Cuddles / Dozy / all - many thanks for the tips. I've suggested to Mrs Chunky the riding option but alas too far. I got thumped for passing on a Frikadelle recipe so the hunt for a box goes on. I will check out the rental options suggested as I've been told this particular dobbin cannot move by trailer on this occaision as it's a new loan and we want to make the right impression.

11. If it's an impression you want to make, try this:
    [​IMG]