HELP - Horsebox Hire

Can anyone please help! I need to borrow/hire a horsebox to move a horse from Bath to Swindon on posting. I'm rapidly running out of ideas...

Forastero

LE
Why not give the stables at Shrivenham a ring? They might be able to help.

Have a look at Horse & Hound in the adverts section.

There should be a few in there & also firms organising Horse Transport.

Alternatively go to your local Riding School/Pony Club and ask if anyone will either rent one to you or transport it for a fee.

Try these people, based in Bath: Roman Horse Transport

Might also be worth calling Bath Racecourse - there is an unofficial national network of racehorse transport that runs almost like a bus service where you can occasionally book places for non-racers.

C

cloudbuster

Bath to Swindon, how many miles? Why not ride the nag? The exercise will do it good, and save you a bit of dosh.

Are you still in stuck - my neighbour is a smith and he might be prepared to help for money! It usually operates his Wilco button!

C

cloudbuster

Or catch the back of the BBQ season and offer your friends and neighbours a bit of Pferdewurst.

cloudbuster said:
Bath to Swindon, how many miles? Why not ride the nag? The exercise will do it good, and save you a bit of dosh.
But do try and avoid using the M4.

Cuddles / Dozy / all - many thanks for the tips. I've suggested to Mrs Chunky the riding option but alas too far. I got thumped for passing on a Frikadelle recipe so the hunt for a box goes on. I will check out the rental options suggested as I've been told this particular dobbin cannot move by trailer on this occaision as it's a new loan and we want to make the right impression.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
PartTimePongo The Intelligence Cell 3
A The Intelligence Cell 6
GunnersQuadrant The Intelligence Cell 15