Help For Heroes

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by ARMY_MAD, Jan 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Recently in one of my college lessons it was decided a swear box should be implemented and that the money go toa charity. About 80% of the class wished for the money to go to The Help For Heroes however this was denied as the teacher deemed 'it may cause offence' she added salt to the wound by saying 'it is thier job, they dont deserve our money' A class argument ensued and in the end the subject was dropped. The argument will no doubt start next lesson (Monday) and I want ARRSE members to give me arguments so that I can back up the class's wishes.

2. Before the ARRSE community cranks up its outrage level to 'incandescent', please PM one of the Mods with the identities of your college and teacher so they can establish her version of events. Come back and tell us which one you've informed. There is no need to compromise your anonymity so what have you got to lose?

You may find this incredibly hard to believe but there are those who have made similar posts to yours in the past, with little or no foundation, just to provoke some sort of indignant reaction so they could sit back and enjoy watching the consequences.

3. In essence, how does donating to H4H differ to buying a poppy in November? Both donations go to charities set up for service personnel.
    Yes taking risks is a part of the job description for servicemen/ women however one could say the same about the government and looking after its' employees, it is their job. Because servicemen do their job but the government dont do theirs we need a charity.
    Would the teacher say the same about a charity for firemen injured in the line of duty? Probably not.
    Why does the teacher feel it may cause offense? Ask it to say why and give examples.
    What right does the teacher feel that it has to impose a decision on a majority?
    Dont get emotional about it, retain the moral high ground.
    If all else fails, punch it in the face, set fire to its trousers and throw it out of the window. 'I think it was a suicide bid officer'.

4. So let me get this right, irrespective of your political views a bunch of people join up to serve their country. They then get sent to a far flung part of the world to combat terrorism and stop it arriving on the streets of UK.

A civilian artist (Not known for their warlike stance) starts a charity to provide direct aid and improve the quality of life for those injured on Ops (I for one salute him) and your teacher thinks they don't deserve a bit of dignity.

I for one certainly did not sign up to and don't believe its my job to lose a limb however that wouldn't stop me deploying as that is my job.

To put it into context, some people have been injured at work and we have started a whip round to get them something to help them get better quicker. God forbid some "Hoodie," should stab said teacher at your school as she is merely "doing her job."

Ultimately, it is your money and if you wish to donate it, donate it.

Trying hard not to turn into rant mode and it does me good to think that 80% of your class are behind the forces.

5. Bloody hell, stop being so sensible and reasonable. I'm outraged by the fact you're not outraged, infact I'm so outraged I shall now put some little evil smilies on this post, and lots of exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :idea: :?: :!: :evil:

ARMY MAD, there are many things you could say to this teacher of yours, just remember the only way to defeat her is to remain calm and argue your point without resorting to insulting her(however satisfying that might be).

As a starter for ten, ask her if she voted labour prior to 2003. If so, she is directly responsible for the foreign policy of invading sandy places, a policy which we as the Armed Forces have been ordered to carry out (whatever our personal beliefs). So the least she could do to salve her conscience is put some money towards the soldiers injured enforcing the results of her democratic choice.

If she voted liberal, just punch her.for wasting her vote.

6. Without resorting to trumping your evil smilies and exclamation marks, I'll have you know I can be infinitely more outraged than you when necessary. I still remember some stuffy teacher at skool stopping us from putting sharp stones in snowballs just because "Someone might get hurt." I ask you, Elf & Safety gone mad or what?

As a matter of fact, I queried the self-perpetuating 'mass outrage' syndrome in this thread. By the way, isn't there a certain familiar ring about it, right down to the avatar and sig block of the initial poster?

7. From the above, it would appear that Mazur_UK still lives, albeit in yet another guise.

8. Frankly, I'm even more outraged now, and to prove it...

8) :x :x :x :x :x :twisted: :cry: :( :eek: :lol: 8) :? 8O :x :p :oops: :cry: :wink: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :!: :?: :twisted: :x :idea: :arrow:
    :D :) :? :D :x :x :x :x :x :x :?: :!: :?:

... That'll learn 'em.

9. Ooops, sorry I forgot the exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Mod - stop buggering up the page!

10. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I wondered where he'd got to. :D

11. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Edit some out themanwho as its farked the page layout.

12. Apologies, I had to stop reading Arrse to get some work done. Was anybody outraged?

13. For all of you that think im Mazur that is simply untrue, I do not want to name and shame this teacher, I want to 'convert' her opinions that is all, its time that people like her realise the truth. Wether your pro war or a pascafist, at the end of the day soldiers are fighting for thier rights and fereedoms. I was humbled to see members of my class saying ' I dont support the war, but we MUST support the troops' I think for a class of 16-17 year olds this was an encouraging sight and shows how few people share the idelogies of this teacher.

14. Of course, Mazur.

The last thread that started off with a spurious complaint about an 'anti-military' teacher ended up running to 23 pages, mostly comprising 'hook, line and sinker' outrage. It looks like this one's only caught two suckers (so far!).

15. Army Mad,

if the teacher truly said this:

We are your Armed Forces

We cannot afford to have a say in where we're sent and against who - we must always believe that it is for the greater good of the United Kingdom as we do the bidding of its people via the Government of the day.

We currently need a financial leg up as the Government of the day has taken its eye off the ball and left us in dire straits as regards rehabilitation facilities for an increasing number of seriously wounded service personnel -doing as bid - by you and your Teacher effectively (if you're of voting age).

We're not alone - for example: hospitals are underfunded and a community gets together to buy the vital bit of kit they need. Is Brynn Parry's organisatin any different in its desire?

By my simplistic calculations, the only people this could possibly upset would be the United Kingdom's enemies. Begs the question: So why are our enemies either sat beside you or privvy to what you decide in class?

If you can read this
    Thank a Teacher
    That you're reading this in English
    Thank a soldier

GOTW