Help For Heroes

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by revingtosh, Jul 28, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

My band 'Owl and the Criminal' have recently released a song to honour a friend of the band who was killed in Afganistan last year.

Every single penny from the sale of our song will be donated to the Help For Heroes Charity.

We would be very grateful if you would have a listen and let us know your thoughts on the track.

Sands of a Generation can be heard here:-

‪Sands of a generation‬‏ - YouTube

Many thanks

2. I can't hear the lyrics very well. You need to turn the mic up
  3. But you did well to style your singing on this chap:

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'm sure your hearts in the right place but it's really bad. Sorry.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I'm so glad someone else said it before me.
  6. Not like you to be reserved Sluggy. ;-)
    • Like Like x 1
  7. It's for a charridy. Not the one I give most of my shekels to, but still a deserved cause.

(Oh and we are in the Charities and Welfare Forum and I don't want my toes chewing off if I told the truth).
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Erm... I.. er.. think the cause is worthy... but.. let's see now... I wouldn't.. give up.. the day job.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I prefer Option B - Cartman.

Good cause, but you did ask for opinions. And are those sceptics on the cover?
    • Like Like x 1
  10. You guys! Yo've got me in stitches with the Cartman thing.

Thanks for the comments, however good or bad. I would agree that many people view the vocalists voice as being 'marmite'

As least people arent indifferent towards the track, and as you quite rightly say, its for a good cause.
  11. I assume that you're female? If not, then you're a young boy that hasn't gone through puberty, my money is on you being a bint.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Got to give you a thumbs up for so gracefully accepting the criticism. It makes a change round here, and as someone who believes "if you might not like the answer, don't ask the question", 10/10.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. I fully agree Tiny and even though it's for charity we do need to give objective opinions.
  14. You are such a gent and he did mention marmite.
    • Like Like x 1

15. Great USMC pic on the cover, attention to detail is a lost art......