Help For Heroes

Hi,

My band 'Owl and the Criminal' have recently released a song to honour a friend of the band who was killed in Afganistan last year.

Every single penny from the sale of our song will be donated to the Help For Heroes Charity.

We would be very grateful if you would have a listen and let us know your thoughts on the track.

Sands of a Generation can be heard here:-

‪Sands of a generation‬‏ - YouTube

Many thanks

Revingtosh

But you did well to style your singing on this chap:

[video=youtube;yOWK7Tam01M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOWK7Tam01M&feature=player_embedded[/video]

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Hi,

My band 'Owl and the Criminal' have recently released a song to honour a friend of the band who was killed in Afganistan last year.

Every single penny from the sale of our song will be donated to the Help For Heroes Charity.

We would be very grateful if you would have a listen and let us know your thoughts on the track.

Sands of a Generation can be heard here:-

‪Sands of a generation‬‏ - YouTube

Many thanks

Revingtosh
I'm sure your hearts in the right place but it's really bad. Sorry.

Not like you to be reserved Sluggy. ;-)
It's for a charridy. Not the one I give most of my shekels to, but still a deserved cause.

(Oh and we are in the Charities and Welfare Forum and I don't want my toes chewing off if I told the truth).

Erm... I.. er.. think the cause is worthy... but.. let's see now... I wouldn't.. give up.. the day job.

I prefer Option B - Cartman.

Good cause, but you did ask for opinions. And are those sceptics on the cover?

You guys! Yo've got me in stitches with the Cartman thing.

Thanks for the comments, however good or bad. I would agree that many people view the vocalists voice as being 'marmite'

As least people arent indifferent towards the track, and as you quite rightly say, its for a good cause.

You guys! Yo've got me in stitches with the Cartman thing.

Thanks for the comments, however good or bad. I would agree that many people view the vocalists voice as being 'marmite'

As least people arent indifferent towards the track, and as you quite rightly say, its for a good cause.
I assume that you're female? If not, then you're a young boy that hasn't gone through puberty yet...........so, my money is on you being a bint.

Got to give you a thumbs up for so gracefully accepting the criticism. It makes a change round here, and as someone who believes "if you might not like the answer, don't ask the question", 10/10.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Got to give you a thumbs up for so gracefully accepting the criticism. It makes a change round here, and as someone who believes "if you might not like the answer, don't ask the question", 10/10.
I fully agree Tiny and even though it's for charity we do need to give objective opinions.

Nope - i aint a bint.

Im the drummer in the band, im just trying to get the song out there, in order to make as much money as possible for H4H. We're donating all monies to charity from this, not just profits, so it has cost us all a fair few quid apiece.

B

Barbarella

as the drummer you may want to lighten up on the rolling cymbals (or whatever they are) - they are a bit Fleetwood Mac Albatross overkill, if you know what I mean. Lyrics are reminiscent of Smashing Pumpkins but need beefing up a little. Bravo on the whole thing, just needs a wee bit of tweaking

For the attention of those who should know better - take it to the NAAFi or sanctions may ensue. You know who you are.

Thank you Barbarella. We had to record this track on an electric kit in a friends living room, so im not too happy with the cymbals also. However, we're doing a proper studio version soon on my proper kit, so im hoping that will be sorted :D

For the attention of those who should know better - take it to the NAAFi or sanctions may ensue. You know who you are.
Purps, I was perfectly nice. You know me. You know I don't sit on the fence.

I did not reveal my true feelings on it. Don't shout at me!!!

I will PM the lovely man who posted it and tell him my thoughts if you want, but you may need to get him some tissues and a shoulder to cry on.

Latest Threads