Help for Heroes Shepherd Neame

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by muhandis89, Dec 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well done Shepherd Neame.The brewers have their own heroes,within their firm(eg a VC holder and an officer who fought with 2 Para at Goose Green),and are the best sort of firm to supported our wounded heroes.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7141893.stm

2. Ah, 'No Fokker comes close' etc.
    Not only do these blokes love offending the PC brigade and Germans but they brew a fine ale.
    Now I can get hammered, hangover free, all safe in the knowledge that I am assisting HfH!
    I may do a sponsored 'get p!ssed' on behalf of HfH..... Now, who'll donate be a bottle?

Edited to add- I still am a little perplexed as to why a charity should be necessary to assist our injured soldiers

3. onTotally agree with 762 - why the feck do we need a charity ... ,put it down to effing sh1te bungee back boned politicians ...

By the way there was rumors of making a coin for RBL to raise a bit of cash do we not want to do something for HfH as well....?

4. Great I drink that stuff anyway, so all the better. One of the perks of living in Kent.

Sitting in a small pub and hearing a German woman asking the barman for two Spitfires just made me chuckle.

5. From the link

Drinking alcohol to celebrate a Christian holiday?

Just how many of our other religious fellow citzens will be outraged and grief stricken by that then/

6. In a similar vein, if you're looking for a good beer and an opportunity to help the old 'n' bold, try The Hogsback Brewerie's Burma Star Ale.

www.hogsback.co.uk

Its a great pint, and a proportion of the revenue goes to The Burma Star Association.

7. Didn't Adolf Galand do that? :D

8. Downed all over Kent - Just like the Luftwaffe

Make mine a Spitfire - well done Shepherd Neame!

9. I treated myself to a couple of bottles last night after a beasting in the gym, it has been a while since I have had any of this but it is highly recommended to anyone wanting something different to lager.

10. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

A dam fine pint from a dam fine company

[​IMG]

11. Love this thread.

Sadly; when I posted news, local to me, about planned parades for homecoming "heroes" and the fact that local civvies couldn't give a monkey's....all the armchair comedians came out of the woodwork.

Against the kind of men and women that threads like these celebrate:.... "They aint nuffink mate"

Good luck to you all !

12. I have a 'Beer & Dinner' evening at the Shepherd Neame brewery on Saturday (bought as a birthday present by Mizz k13eod). Looking forward to it more than ever now and the opportunity to thank them ... and buy some Spitfire ...

13. Isn't it time we stopped "being beastly to the Germans"? I'm second to none in my admiration of The Few, and everybody else who fought in that awful war, but why can't we grow up and treat modern Germany for what it is - a well-balanced democratic state with no discernible hostile intention towards anybody else? Yes, they've got their problems with neo-Nazi nutters and their Muslim counterparts, but overall it's a peaceful, stable country and a model in many respects. The wonder of it is that, even after 60 years of post-war Kraut-bashing, what with football matches, TV sitcoms and the rest, most ordinary Germans are still quite pro-Brit - so who's really grown up since the war? Oh, and the beer's the best in the world, with all due respect to Shepherd Neame (though well done them, and it's true that Spitfire is one of the few ales brewed in southern England actually worth drinking).

14. We are 'beastly' because it's in our nature and all part of the British humour that got this nation through dark days ... FFS you will be suggesting that we be proactively nice to the French next or adopt a Spaniard!

15. I shall show my appreciation by going to theShepherd Neame pub in the village up the road and drinking as much of that fine ale as it is physically possible to do.

Good Drills chaps