Help for Heroes Run

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by PRC-349, Jan 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Evening all

A few weeks ago I started planning to do an event in aide of Help for Heroes locally, now it originally got off to a very slow start and response friends and colleagues was slow however things have picked up a little and are gaining a bit of momentum as we have come to an event and date.

We are doing a 4 mile Fun run along the seafront and (pending approval from the ACF) finishing at the local Cadet Hut for tea and biccie. However we have hit a few snags an as it' still only really me doing the actual planning and chasing of councils and things like that it's getting quite stressful.

I have so far: a date, some runners, a few first aiders (star 2 cadets and ACF FA Instructors and a CMT), volunteers to act as marshals along the route even a PTI to do the warm ups for everyone. However I still need to come up with a tangible plan and poster to present to Southend Council and a poster for Help for Heroes' permission problem being i am useless at graphic design and have never done this before.

Is there anyone who can help with this and anything have overlooked?

[spelling Edit]
  2. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

1) Send an email to Mark.Elliott at Cut and paste from your first post. Ask permission to download the H4H logo and use on your flyers.

2) PM Cpl_Ripper here on ARRSE to help with graphic design. He's a bit of a whizz and may be able to help. When you've got it nailed, send to for approval.

3) Contact the Essex County coordinator for H4H - County Coordinator for Essex: Marianne West

4) stick the details on the H4H site HERE

Well done...carry on there....

Don Cabra
  3. Cheers fella just started on that now and sent off a few emails and phoned the local school and college fo some help.

Am waiting out on the schools decision, and will be contacting some local shops to see if they can donate things like bottled water.

4. msr

msr LE

Might be worth speaking to your local running club as they may well have experience of running (groan) these events
  5. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Contact your local Athletics Club, Running Club & the Womens Running Network who may offer help and guidance.
  6. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Beaten by the man
  7. Update: after several people and organisations have dropped out i decided to scrap the idea of a big fun run and have contacted H4H about this and I will be Tabbing 18miles to the local pub with 60lbs in the old bergen instead, The owner has agreed to host the reception and advertise it and take sponsorships from theregular punters and I am bricking it over messing up :D

All in all happy days, have ordered the full works by s of banners, buckets and leaflets for my travel. I will also be asking the lads at E Coy for sponsorships as well as doing door to door locally
  8. Just a little bump to promote it a bit more:

All the route, map, buckets banners etc are here, forms been dooted about the village nicely getting filled in slowly.

Would any fellow ARRSErs be willing to sponsor me for this?
    Pics will be posted here along with the Arrse Challenge coin that will be coming with me
  9. PRC-349 i will sponsor you. tell me details and ill do it. shame the run isn't close to home (manchester) as i would of loved to do the run.
  10. Shove a link up, mate, so we can see what we're paying for :D
  11. I'm afraid I dont have a link to the H4H page as the process of getting one done/making one is rather bewildering, especially while on my jack jones. However I do have a reference number from so everything is perfectly cushty.

At the moment a lot of buddies from the old Squadron are shoving a few bob in a card and mailing it and I fill out the forms,lthough i'm trying to see what else i can do to sort out payments as that can be seen as a bit of a potentially shadey way of doing things.

I'll see what i can do about the H4H Page again now and spend another day on it though and see what i can do

12. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

13. Today's the day, just taped up the feet, off to the pub to put up the banner then doing a final weigh in of the bergen.

Sadly the H4H Challenge Coin will not be joining me as it's in my wallet which now resides back in stanta :oops: so later I got to chase that one up as well as stopping my cards :D