Help for Heroes Parachute Jump

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by SparkyG, Jan 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Donate Here

I'm going to be doing a Static line Parachute jump for Help The Heroes.

Please visit their web site: Help for heroes

I am hoping to do the jump at the begining of March 09.

Please help those who have given everything, so that we can enjoy the lifestyles we have today.

Donate Here
  2. Anyone is welcome to join in, you will need to raise £360 per person to get a free jump.

It will be in Honiton, Devon, Uk

PM me for more info.
  3. Send me a PM - it may well be me that flies the plane you jump out of!!

4. Sparky,

I've been asked to ask if you could ring the DZ at Dunkeswell? 01404 890222

They seem to have an AFF course on 28th Feb but not a static line course.

5. Thanks bud, just spoke to them.

He kinda talked me into doing the accelerated freefall, gonna pay myself as not really had any sponsorship.

All depends if i can sort it before i go back off to catterick.
  6. How much is the jump costing you?
  7. £375 for the accelerated freefall, It's cheaper if you do wraps but they're not doing the static line anymore in honiton.
    I think they'll do it if you have a good amount of guy's though.
  8. I am not in any way trying to take away from what is a marvellous charity, but let me get this straight:

1- You are going to spend £375 to do a parachute jump
    2- It will be great fun
    3- You want people to give money for you to do something that is fun and expensive

Why not just donate the £375 to help for heroes, or do something that costs you a lot less so that more money can be given to the charity?

And again, this is in no way trying to stop money going to H4H - it just seems to me you haven't really thought out this whole 'giving to charity' thing.
  9. How is it going to me! ?
    It is given to H4H via, as soon as the money is donated it goes to H4H,
    I am paying out of my own pocket for the jump, (even though i can do it alot cheaper via the military),

Why did you even bother to post that, what are you looking to achieve!?
  10. Hope your jump goes well mate and will donate on my next payday
  11. Fundraising Tandem Skydives are available with the Red Devil's for the 2009 season.

I think at this time with the financial climate as it is, any fundraising gesture is a good thing!!
    Go for it with whatever you decide.

The Red Devil's have set aside specific H4H's days this season as well as working with many others.

The team are set to be working with over 30 Military charities funds & associations in 2009, with over 100 Civilian Charities also along for the ride.

Total cost is £290 per skydive. (of which a £90 reservation fee is payable at time of booking)
    Minimum average sponsorship amount set by the charities is £500.
    If all of this amount is eligible for Gift Aid at 28% the charity could receive as much as £350 for all of your efforts. The highest ratio of return available from any other suppliers.

Dates & locations are posted below:

Strathallan (Scotland) 7th May 8th May 11th May
    Strathallan (Scotland) 12th May 13th May
    Netheravon (Wiltshire) 26th May 27th May 28th May
    Langar Airfield (Nottingham) 9th June 10th June 11th June
    Dunkeswell Airfield (Devon) 23rd June 24th June 25th June
    Langar Airfield (Nottingham) 7th July 8th July 9th July
    Langar Airfield (Nottingham) 1st Sept 2nd Sept 3rd Sept
    Netheravon (Wiltshire) 22nd Sept 23rd Sept 24th Sept
    Langar Airfield (Nottingham) 6th Oct 7th Oct 8th Oct

For how to book & further information please visit the teams website:

Or alternatively visit the Red Devil's exclusive events partner's Click and Jump, who offer a one stop shop for all of the UK's Dropzones, Group bookings & can assist with all your enquiries.

visit: or email:

call 0800 345 7468

By using a online fundraising page with you could increase the ratio of return for your chosen charity by over 80% compared to other suppliers. More information available on the Click and Jump website or directly through Bmycharity.

If your going to do it, you might as well do it with the best in the business.
    It's as easy as falling out of a plane!!
  12. H4H's Dedicated Red Devils Skydiving Days

Thought it would be a good idea to drop in the H4H's link:

Help for Heroes founder Emma Parry & her daughter jumped in sept 2008...
    This year co-founder Bryn Parry (scared of heights) promises he is going to give it a shot!!

Lets see if his word is as good as his fundraising???
  13. What I was trying to say is you're paying a lot of money to do the parachute jump, which could go to H4H if you were being sponsored for doing something else.

As i've said, I am in no way trying to stop money going to H4H and any money that does get there is cracking. I just would rather put my cash towards sponsoring someone who is doing something hard and/or that'll take them well out of the comfort zone, where they're not spending 300 odd quid to do it.

Are you scared of heights? (Serious question)
  14. The way I see charity 'events' like this is that if this is something he wants to do and would have been doing it anyway, why not raise money at the same time?

Just because it may be something that is not out of his comfort zone, not difficult or something that he will enjoy doing doesn't in anyway detract from also using the experience to do some good.
  15. Where do you draw the line though? Meh, i guess it's just up to the donators to use their judgement as to who they should be sponsoring.

Fairy nuff though, and good luck with the jump.