Help for Heroes - Morpheus Rising

Morpheus Rising (A member of the Corps) is doing a bit of work for the Help for Heroes charity.

Below you should find a post with details about what they are trying to achieve.

This rock band are to release a single for the Help the Heroes charity with all proceeds going to the charity.

Show your support to this worth while cause and also give the Corps rock gods their 15 minutes of fame.

You never know you may see them on Top of the Pops.

Help for Heroes - Morpheus Rising

Nice idea and I know charity records are supposed to be a bit chad but thats

DOG TOFFEE

thegimp said:

DOG TOFFEE
Bore off you chopper, it's ace. Get your hand in your pocket.

thegimp said:
:D if it was that ace I'd have seen em on totp :D
Humiliated on X Factor more like. "Me mam's ill with [whatever disease]" etc etc. :oops:

[align=center]
[/align]

thegimp said:
:D if it was that ace I'd have seen em on totp :D
Er, aksherly, you'll find totp is well and truly gone... living in the past as always, eh?!! And the reason we're not following the commercial route is that whichever way we did that, we'd lose some of the money to distribution, digital retailers and management etc (itunes keep more than 60% of all sales themselves!!)

As a member of the band I'd like to state that EVERY PENNY made from this single will be donated to HELP for HEROES.

Thanks to everyone who has followed either this thread, or the one on The Int Cell to the band's site... the traffic from ARRSE has been astounding!!

The track will be available to preview as an audio track tomorrow (link to follow) and a 'promotional' video montage will also be available from that time... (a blooper reel is already available here).

Although the rest of the band's tracks are definitely rock/metal the single is an acoustic track with a much more mellow vibe.

As for X-Factor, there's an interesting story about that, however I am currently legally constrained from saying anything until the matter is dealt with... more to follow!!

For more information please visit the MORPHEUS RISING site, or you can go directly to the page with more info about the single HERE.

thegimp said:

DOG TOFFEE
Did you bother to notice before you rushed to judgement that the song that currently plays if you click the link ISN'T the charity single ("An ordinary Man") but actually one of their other (heavy metal style) tracks called "Save the Day"?

No of course you didn't.

Don't be such a touchy cnut, I don't like it and wouldn't listen to it :D

Don't goad me into spouting deep cynicism about this, live with it.

Heresy!

thegimp said:

I totally agree with you; if you don't like it, don't listen to it, and certainly don't buy it... but just one question...

How do you know you don't like it when it hasn't been released yet, and isn't even available for preview?

And, if I'm being totally honest, I doubt any of your deep rooted cynicism would be alien to me, this whole venture was the idea of the civvy members of the band, and not mine, I was against it to begin with, but in the end I came to the conclusion that, as long as it does what it says on the tin, which is to raise money for HELP for HEROES, does anything else matter?

Cheers,
Grae

thegimp said:

Can't read. won't read?

You haven't heard it yet you daft cnut. The track you listened to isn't it... :roll:

Ok, so you can all stop wondering what the song is actually like!! And voice your opinion, with justification, if you feel like it (thegimp?).

We've posted the promotional video in several locations, take your pick :)

http://www.morpheusrising.co.uk/anordinarymaninfo.cfm (Our own site, where you'll be able to buy the single on the 27th October!!)

and

http://uk.youtube.com/user/MorpheusRisingHQ (We've also added the blooper reel here, and linked to a video which explains the original idea behind HELP for HEROES)

Hope you like it :?

Cheers,
Grae
MORPHEUS RISING
supporting HELP for HEROES

Grae: Thanks for putting together the talent, the time and the cause. Over here in Canuckistan we've had two performers donate the proceeds from their singles to charities for the wounded men ad women of the Canadian Forces.

Maybe down the road we could see an international compilation CD with the songs that have been donated to our men and women of the military.

I'm eagerly awaiting the release of the single...

PM Inbound Guys.

We will do what we can to help

Guys,

Just a quick note to say thanks... 'An Ordinary Man' is the 55th most played UK music video on YouTube today... and ARRSE had more to do with that than anything else... if you haven't seen it yet, go to MorpheusRisingHQ ;)

I'm humbled...

Cheers,
Grae
MORPHEUS RISING

P.S. if you're a member of the Morpheus Rising site the single is available to buy from http://www.morpheusrising.co.uk/anordinaryman from midnight tonight!!

Will buy later, IGS being a pain of course and not allowing registration to the site.

Having heard your stuff before in snippets here and there make sure I'm on the distribution list for the actual album release date ;)

Props guys on the single and keep up the RAWKIN'

WhyB

Hello everyone!!

The quote below from elsewhere on ARRSE is an example of some of the support we have been receiving over the last couple of days. We have received similar sentiments from other forums, Facebook, MySpace, phone calls, email and even some personnel on Ops in Afghanistan!!

woopert said:
I'm "stickying" the thread so that we can push the track to no 1 (let's face it, if that Peter Kay sh***e can make it to no 1 then an "arrse" buying campaign should be able to do it).
While we fully appreciate this support, and would love to be in the charts (who wouldn't!!), we feel we must explain a number of things to everyone before this goes any further.

Morpheus Rising made the decision, as a group, to release the single for download only via our website so that we could ensure all proceeds would make their way to HELP for HEROES.

The only way we could have the sales of the single registered for either the UK Online Charts or the 'normal' UK Singles Charts is for us to register the single, get a barcode for it, and sell it through the recognised distribution outlets which are used to record the number of sales for inclusion in the charts.

There are a number of reasons that we, at present, feel unable to do this.

1. If we did this then a fairly large percentage of your money would be taken up by the distributors, the retailers and a plethora of other components involved in the music business.

2. The cost of registering a single in order to receive the barcode can be prohibitive. We can do it through US based companies for as little as $35 (but this would have limited inclusion in the UK charts) however, in the UK it could end up causing hundreds of pounds.

3. Part of our agreement with HELP for HEROES is that our cover artwork will not be used to advertise a product in any retail stores. This is to prevent a conflict of interests with the forthcoming X Factor single release in aid of HELP for HEROES (which is a cover of Mariah Carey's Hero).

4. The cost of producing a CD (although we have the core parts already produced such as artwork and the music itself) is definitely prohibitive. For us to produce a limited edition run of 250 copies would cost us £500, obviously the more we produce the less the unit cost.

5. And most importantly, we have funded all of this venture ourselves, the website, the recording of the single, the video and the artwork have all been produced on a shoestring budget by the band members themselves. We cannot afford to lay out the costs to produce a physical product or register the single for inclusion in the charts.

Regardless of how nice it would be, our intention was never to compete with the acts in the charts, it was to raise money for HELP for HEROES, and as we would need to use some of the money raised by us to fund the release of a physical single, or even to make it available at online stores which would include us in the charts, we are not sure that we can follow this path.

If anyone has any suggestions as to how we can get round some of these stumbling blocks then by all means let me know. In the meantime, I hope you understand that, while we appreciate your support, the single will remain available only for download via our own website.

Your, in good faith,

Grae, Pete, Damien, Andy and Gibbo
MORPHEUS RISING

A note from the band:

The support for the release of our single 'An Ordinary Man' in aid of HELP for HEROES has, quite honestly, been staggering.

We'd like to take this opportunity to mention a number of websites, companies, groups and individuals who have already helped us reach some of these amazing markers:

YouTube - So far, we've managed to reach No 25 of the UK's most watched videos!!

ReverbNation - We are currently sitting at the following positions in the ReverbNation Independent Charts -
No 5 in the UK Metal Charts
No 54 in the Global Metal Charts

Our website hits have increased to the point where we are receiving more visits each day than any of the previous months!!

This has all been achieved through the unbelievable and ongoing support we have received from fans, friends, work colleagues and even some businesses, so we also need to thank the following:

ARmy Rumour Service forums - We have been placed as a 'sticky' thread on two of the ARRSE forums and, thanks to the support of the forum admins and moderators we have received FREE banner ad space to promote the single throughout the site. Our thanks to Poison Dwarf, IS Ski Geek, woopert and Bad CO for their support and help with all this.

ReverbNation - RN is a website helping to promote all types of music, from both independent and chart topping acts. We have experienced a meteoric rise in our chart positions on their site (we're in the top 2000 out of 113,000 on their global, all genre, charts!!). Lou Plaia, VP Artist Development, of the company who
operates RN has contacted the band stating they will feature MORPHEUS RISING as a 'Featured Artist' on their homepage from the 28th of October to the 3rd of November in order to help us support the charity.

CD Baby - CD Baby is the world's foremost music distribution method for independent artists. It allows acts like MORPHEUS RISING to distribute physical CDs and enables digital distribution through well known sites such as iTunes, Rhapsody, Amazon and many more. We are currently in discussion with CD Baby who have tentatively offered to distribute a physical (CD) release of An Ordinary Man while foregoing their usual cut of sales completely!! This fact alone means that we may be able to sell An Ordinary Man as a conventional CD single, with the possibility of it entering the charts!!

In addition to these we would like to thank GarrisonFM, The Yorkshire Post and The Northern Echo for being the first to promote our story, supporting the single and HELP for HEROES.

We'd also like to take this opportunity to thank our fans, members of our website, mailing list and Facebook group... without you we couldn't do any of this.

Thank you all,

Grae, Pete, Daymo, Andy and Gibbo

MorpheusRising said:
We'd also like to take this opportunity to thank our fans, members of our website, mailing list and Facebook group... without you we couldn't do any of this.
I bet there are articulated lorries outside your house packed with cocaine and hookers....which makes it all the more justified to nick bootleg copies of your music online! :lol:

(...that's a joke BTW - ripping off Help For Heroes is probably a capital offence)

PoisonDwarf said:
which makes it all the more justified to nick bootleg copies of your music online! :lol:

(...that's a joke BTW - ripping off Help For Heroes is probably a capital offence)
And I'm sure it calls into question one of those 'core'/'Corps' values doesn't it? (Integrity or some such thing?)

Not that you'd ever catch me with a pirate anything?!?!?

Latest Threads