Help for Heroes - Morpheus Rising

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by IS Ski Geek, Oct 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. IS Ski Geek

IS Ski Geek War Hero Moderator

Morpheus Rising (A member of the Corps) is doing a bit of work for the Help for Heroes charity.

Below you should find a post with details about what they are trying to achieve.

This rock band are to release a single for the Help the Heroes charity with all proceeds going to the charity.

Show your support to this worth while cause and also give the Corps rock gods their 15 minutes of fame.

You never know you may see them on Top of the Pops.

Help for Heroes - Morpheus Rising

2. Nice idea and I know charity records are supposed to be a bit chad but thats

DOG TOFFEE

3. Bore off you chopper, it's ace. Get your hand in your pocket.

4. :D if it was that ace I'd have seen em on totp :D

5. Humiliated on X Factor more like. "Me mam's ill with [whatever disease]" etc etc. :oops:

6. [align=center][​IMG][/align]

Er, aksherly, you'll find totp is well and truly gone... living in the past as always, eh?!! And the reason we're not following the commercial route is that whichever way we did that, we'd lose some of the money to distribution, digital retailers and management etc (itunes keep more than 60% of all sales themselves!!)

As a member of the band I'd like to state that EVERY PENNY made from this single will be donated to HELP for HEROES.

Thanks to everyone who has followed either this thread, or the one on The Int Cell to the band's site... the traffic from ARRSE has been astounding!!

The track will be available to preview as an audio track tomorrow (link to follow) and a 'promotional' video montage will also be available from that time... (a blooper reel is already available here).

Although the rest of the band's tracks are definitely rock/metal the single is an acoustic track with a much more mellow vibe.

As for X-Factor, there's an interesting story about that, however I am currently legally constrained from saying anything until the matter is dealt with... more to follow!!

For more information please visit the MORPHEUS RISING site, or you can go directly to the page with more info about the single HERE.

7. scaryspice

scaryspice LE Moderator

Did you bother to notice before you rushed to judgement that the song that currently plays if you click the link ISN'T the charity single ("An ordinary Man") but actually one of their other (heavy metal style) tracks called "Save the Day"?

No of course you didn't.

8. Don't be such a touchy cnut, I don't like it and wouldn't listen to it :D

Don't goad me into spouting deep cynicism about this, live with it.

9. I totally agree with you; if you don't like it, don't listen to it, and certainly don't buy it... but just one question...

How do you know you don't like it when it hasn't been released yet, and isn't even available for preview?

And, if I'm being totally honest, I doubt any of your deep rooted cynicism would be alien to me, this whole venture was the idea of the civvy members of the band, and not mine, I was against it to begin with, but in the end I came to the conclusion that, as long as it does what it says on the tin, which is to raise money for HELP for HEROES, does anything else matter?

Cheers,
    Grae

10. scaryspice

scaryspice LE Moderator

Can't read. won't read?

You haven't heard it yet you daft cnut. The track you listened to isn't it... :roll:

11. Ok, so you can all stop wondering what the song is actually like!! And voice your opinion, with justification, if you feel like it (thegimp?).

We've posted the promotional video in several locations, take your pick :)

http://www.morpheusrising.co.uk/anordinarymaninfo.cfm (Our own site, where you'll be able to buy the single on the 27th October!!)

and

http://uk.youtube.com/user/MorpheusRisingHQ (We've also added the blooper reel here, and linked to a video which explains the original idea behind HELP for HEROES)

Hope you like it :?

Cheers,
    Grae
    MORPHEUS RISING
    supporting HELP for HEROES

12. Grae: Thanks for putting together the talent, the time and the cause. Over here in Canuckistan we've had two performers donate the proceeds from their singles to charities for the wounded men ad women of the Canadian Forces.

Maybe down the road we could see an international compilation CD with the songs that have been donated to our men and women of the military.

I'm eagerly awaiting the release of the single...

13. PM Inbound Guys.

We will do what we can to help

14. Guys,

Just a quick note to say thanks... 'An Ordinary Man' is the 55th most played UK music video on YouTube today... and ARRSE had more to do with that than anything else... if you haven't seen it yet, go to MorpheusRisingHQ ;)

I'm humbled...

Cheers,
    Grae
    MORPHEUS RISING
    supporting HELP for HEROES

P.S. if you're a member of the Morpheus Rising site the single is available to buy from http://www.morpheusrising.co.uk/anordinaryman from midnight tonight!!