Help for Heroes - Kilimanjaro Climb

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by Pob02, Mar 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Pob02

Pob02 War Hero Book Reviewer

From a former Green Jacket friend of mine, please visit his website and dig deep:

"After 2 years of doing the UK 3 peaks challenge for the VSO charity, I've decided to "raise the bar" this year and do the 3 peaks challenge again but as a training exercise for my main challenge which is to conquer Kilimanjaro in October for a charity I'm very passionate about, Help For Heroes
    As a rough idea of the scale of the task ahead, the combined height of the 3 peaks in the UK is approximately 3500 metres, Kilimanjaro is 5896 metres on its own.

If you follow this link, it will go through what I'm doing and why, where you'll also find a link to the Help For Heroes website.
    Then please follow the link for which is on my website page, where you can make your very generous donation towards a very worthy charity.

I have 3 sponsorship target dates, the first of which is mid June which is why I'm starting the campaign so far from the actual event.

Thanks again for your support on this years challenge, and for all your help in my previous exploits over the last couple of years, it really is appreciated.

For an insight into what is ahead for me, watch BBC1 on Thursday 12th March 2009 where a similar climb is being attempted as we speak for comic relief

Stuart "

Thanks in advance .