Help For Heroes Fund raiser Police HQ Worcester 5thOct .

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by JINGO, Sep 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. JINGO

JINGO War Hero Book Reviewer

West Mercia Constabulary are holding a fund raising event in aid of H for H at Hindlip Hall Worcester on the 5th October. All are welcome the event will be centered around the Dog Section School and will kick off around 1200 until 1600.
    There will be various static vehicles on display including military(Warrior and Historic) and police(ARV etc), a Bootneck run climbing wall, paintball range, a number of helicopters(including Merlin and AH64),the usual "bad guy" gets bitten by a landshark stuff and weather permitting "They" will do a freefall display.
    There will be a donation of £20 for cars or £5 a head if you would prefer to walk to the venue. Its all for a good cause so if you are local come and support it.
    I will post more info as i get it,Cheers.

2. JINGO

Further to my last post those wanting tickets will need to purchase them before the event as there is limited availability so if you are interested contact Michelle at the Dog school on 01905 332321.
    Ive been told weather permitting there will also be fly pasts from popular military aircraft (dont ask me what!) and the Red Devils will be dropping in. The Bomb Disposal chaps will be there along with Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue.

3. JINGO

bump.

4. JINGO

All set for tommorow come along if you are in the Worcester area. Weather may put paid to some of the displays but we can only hope for a sunny day contrary to the forecast!

5. JINGO

Id just like to say a big thank you to everyone who turned up to support what could have been a very damp squib. Luckily everybody just ignored the rain and the fact that a number of displays had to cancel and came anyway.
    A lot of money has been raised i will try and post a final figure when i have it, everyone including Army, Navy, RAF, Fire, Ambo, Search and Rescue and Police gave their time off for a very good cause indeed. We were all humbled to see the injured Service members who had come to offer their support to the event.
    It has to be said that the only person who appeared not to want to be there was a reporter from a certain tabloid newspaper that claims to support "Our Boys",your attitude was noted and commented on by many!
    Apart from that a great day, Thank you again to all who came.

6. Good effort West Mercia Plod!

If I has been closer to you lot I would have come down for a nosey.

It will be good to see the final figures!

W-60

7. JINGO

Forgot to mention a big thank you must go out to the Lad and Ladies from Wyvern FM who saved the day by lending us their PA.
    A big Cheers to you!

8. JINGO

Over £30,000pounds raised so far still got the raffle to go. Thanks all good effort!