Help for Heroes event... your help needed xxx

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by Jo-Jo-xxx, Oct 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys and girls,

Need your help...

I work for Brighton and Hove Albion FC, and as this season the FA's official charity is Help for Heroes, we are going to be hosting a Help for Heroes themed day at one of our home games,.

I am looking to get a military band to come down and play before kick off...,. can any one point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Luv Jo Jo xxxx

2. Thanks hun..

We would also like to send out 3 Brighton FC footie shirts to guys serving out in afghan, so that we can get a picture of them in them, are there any guys who would be happy to help with this, aswell as a shirt, we will also send some stuff out for them with it as a thank you...(not sure if there are many Brighton fans out there but if there is any one that would like to help for a very good cause, then please give me a shout!)

xxx

3. You might like to contact the Red Devils or Black Knight Freefall display teams to see if they can jump in pre-match?

Just a thought - it looks pretty good as a spectator.

4. Do you not think the lads have got enough problems being out there without having to .....gulp.....wear a Brighton & Hove Albion shirt!!!

Seriously, bloody good effort in taking up the mantle for the FA`s charity. To have such high profile backing is a great booster for the boys.

Well done to all at Brighton & HA FC, and the I wish you all the very best of luck for this coming season.

Sorry, but I don`t dislike anyone enough to nominate them for wearing your shirt!!!!

5. Thanks for all your help guys!! :) xxx

6. Why not do it for Holidays4Heroes??

7. Jo Jo, check your PMs.

8. Just make sure you don't send any of the Brighton & Hove shirts to Palace fans!
    Seriously though, best of luck. The more exposure this cause gets, the better.

9. Why not get in touch with Southern and FCC? They (especially Southern) are the main means, of getting to your home matches for travelling fans. Ask them to sponser you, say £1 in every return ticket sold.

I know they're not mil, but money is money. :wink:

10. If you can't get a regular band ask the Cadets, they'd jump at the chance.

11. Jo Jo, check your PMs.