Help for Heroes - Countryside Alliance are Good Blokes

#1
Even though the Countryside Alliance and the Hunting Community in general need to raise funds in order to fight various ridiculous pieces of legislation brought in by this inept Government, they still have time to raise funds for Help for Heroes. See link below:

http://www.countryside-alliance.org...-events/hunts-raise-thousands-for-our-heroes/

This is in addition to their annual collections for the Poppy Appeal.

A decent bunch of selfless, community spirited citizens.
 
#4
H4H are successfully raising awareness (and funds, hopefully), within other areas of the field sports world, and very positive articles have appeared in several shooting publications.
 
#5
I found this quite distasteful.

The countryside alliance wants to further its cause by linking it to a forces charity with opportunistic photos.

I don't give a f- about hunting either way. I do care about forces charities, but I don't feel the need to take photos of myself popping cash into a collection box and plaster it all over a website promoting an unconnected (and undeniably controversial) cause!

Let's keep the two as distant as possible.
 

chimera

LE
Moderator
#6
whyohwhy said:
I found this quite distasteful.

The countryside alliance wants to further its cause by linking it to a forces charity with opportunistic photos.

I don't give a f- about hunting either way. I do care about forces charities, but I don't feel the need to take photos of myself popping cash into a collection box and plaster it all over a website promoting an unconnected (and undeniably controversial) cause!

Let's keep the two as distant as possible.
Why? I personally don't like the Sun, but I am happy to see them boost their own image by prmoting the H4H cause. As long as it brings in the ££££££s who cares where the cash comes from, and it helps maintain awareness across all walks of life.
 
#7
Is the converse true? Does H4H want to get allied with the Countryside Alliance?

The original post was to promote the Countryside Alliance as a great bunch of blokes (may or may not be true - I don't care!) NOT to promote H4H.

Why not just give to the cause, and not exploit it for aims that are irrelevant?
 

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
#8
whyohwhy said:
Is the converse true? Does H4H want to get allied with the Countryside Alliance?

The original post was to promote the Countryside Alliance as a great bunch of blokes (may or may not be true - I don't care!) NOT to promote H4H.

Why not just give to the cause, and not exploit it for aims that are irrelevant?
Well, it's quite simple really. If you google 'help for heroes', you'll find a number of organisations, from charities, to political groups to commercial outfits all allying themselves with the Help for Heroes cause.

Why are they doing this? To a: show that their people support this worthy cause and b: to further promote the cause. All with the intention of raising the profile of themselves AND Help for Heroes, which in turn will raise more money through those outfits.

Is there a problem with that? No, only if the money stops coming in because Help for Heroes is no longer being advertised or promoted.
 
#9
Thread edited,

Keep the prejudiced preconceptions out of it , or this thread WILL get holed.

I know people who are very much anti-hunting, as I'm sure most of us do, who are also strong supporters of Forces causes and charities.

Conversely , would the inhabitants of Grays Lane Ashtead be more likely to be Sabs or supporters?

Don't generalise. As the point was made previously any donations made for H4H are important.
 
#10
Well done the Countryside Alliance and all hunts who are involved in collecting money for H4H.

The existence of the Countryside Alliance and all hunts relies on them raising funds for themselves. The fact that they are taking the time to raise funds for a forces charity at a time when they need to bolster their own bank balances, speaks volumes for them.

Pro hunting or anti, one can not hide from the fact that by being so generous with both their time and cash, these people are good eggs.

I won't hold my breath waiting for the League Against Cruel Sports, RSPCA etc to follow suit.
 
#11
PartTimePongo said:
Thread edited,

Keep the prejudiced preconceptions out of it , or this thread WILL get holed.

I know people who are very much anti-hunting, as I'm sure most of us do, who are also strong supporters of Forces causes and charities.

Conversely , would the inhabitants of Grays Lane Ashtead be more likely to be Sabs or supporters?

Don't generalise. As the point was made previously any donations made for H4H are important.
CA, I don't like them, I don't want anything to do with them and I am afraid to say I would not be to keen on giving to a charity that had anything to do with them either (but then again my xmas cards come from the ABF)

Trotsky
 

Alsacien

MIA
Moderator
#12
Trotsky said:
PartTimePongo said:
Thread edited,

Keep the prejudiced preconceptions out of it , or this thread WILL get holed.

I know people who are very much anti-hunting, as I'm sure most of us do, who are also strong supporters of Forces causes and charities.

Conversely , would the inhabitants of Grays Lane Ashtead be more likely to be Sabs or supporters?

Don't generalise. As the point was made previously any donations made for H4H are important.
CA, I don't like them, I don't want anything to do with them and I am afraid to say I would not be to keen on giving to a charity that had anything to do with them either (but then again my xmas cards come from the ABF)

Trotsky
I just decided I don't like you very much.
 
#13
Alsacien said:
Trotsky said:
PartTimePongo said:
Thread edited,

Keep the prejudiced preconceptions out of it , or this thread WILL get holed.

I know people who are very much anti-hunting, as I'm sure most of us do, who are also strong supporters of Forces causes and charities.

Conversely , would the inhabitants of Grays Lane Ashtead be more likely to be Sabs or supporters?

Don't generalise. As the point was made previously any donations made for H4H are important.
CA, I don't like them, I don't want anything to do with them and I am afraid to say I would not be to keen on giving to a charity that had anything to do with them either (but then again my xmas cards come from the ABF)

Trotsky
I just decided I don't like you very much.
Mate, theres a long queue, go to the counter, take a ticket and then go to the end. :twisted:

Trotsky
 
#14
Trotsky said:
PartTimePongo said:
Thread edited,

Keep the prejudiced preconceptions out of it , or this thread WILL get holed.

I know people who are very much anti-hunting, as I'm sure most of us do, who are also strong supporters of Forces causes and charities.

Conversely , would the inhabitants of Grays Lane Ashtead be more likely to be Sabs or supporters?

Don't generalise. As the point was made previously any donations made for H4H are important.
CA, I don't like them,

Trotsky
Care to share your point of view,reasons not to love them?
 
#15
standstill said:
I won't hold my breath waiting for the League Against Cruel Sports, RSPCA etc to follow suit.
Agreed. That comparison puts into perspective the attitude of, and confirms the credentials of, the Countryside Alliance, and confirms that they are in fact “good eggs”.

Any complaining or snipping says more about the people who disagree with the above, than it does about the Countryside Alliance.
 
#16
Yeah, I don't like people who tear animals apart for the hell of it.

and despite all the guff I will now be treated to (and I grew up in sheep farming country so I heave heard it all before) thats basically what hunters do.

Some of the other stuff they have to say about the countryside may well be sensible but basically they are about bloodsports and so thats my mind made up.

Trotsky
 

Alsacien

MIA
Moderator
#17
Trotsky said:
Yeah, I don't like people who tear animals apart for the hell of it.

and despite all the guff I will now be treated to (and I grew up in sheep farming country so I heave heard it all before) thats basically what hunters do.

Some of the other stuff they have to say about the countryside may well be sensible but basically they are about bloodsports and so thats my mind made up.

Trotsky
Maybe you should stick to your area of expertise - prison rape - according to you....

You clearly have no idea of what the Countryside Alliance is or does.

Therefore, as you are not interested in the facts (did you say you were a copper?) I conclude you are an ignorant c0ck.

I will not hesitate to ask your advice on manlove behind bars, until then do one.
 
#18
I take it Trotsky doesn't like them cause he's a townie at heart and had to riot control them or summit.

Bang goes his birthday pressie of a skinned rabbit cod piece then.

Anyone got a good recipe for Fox?
 
#19
In-Limbo said:
I take it Trotsky doesn't like them cause he's a townie at heart and had to riot control them or summit.

Bang goes his birthday pressie of a skinned rabbit cod piece then.

Almost correct :D I wasn't at Parliament Square thank so didn't get caught up in that. ironically Mounted and TSG is full of huntin shootin and fishin types and they were I moved out of London back to the country (well green belt farmland) about two years ago in a momment of weakness, will be moving back to the city when I can afford it. I don't see the point of somewhere where you cant get a drink after midnight, do your shopping at 5 am and is closed on Sundays, give me the Edgware Road anytime.

Trotsky
 
#20
no ... probably got dragged away from one of his many tea breaks to check a tax disc on a land rover or to slap a parking ticket on a tractor
 

Latest Threads

Top