Help for Heroes Cookbook

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by Ventress, Jun 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

2. Anyone bought this yet? I have a copy inbound and looking forward to it... is it any good :?
  3. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

I like it- the recipes are just right and the puds are great old fashion duffs!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I just picked up a copy too and it's pretty good actually. Would have bought it anyway on principle because of the charity but was plesantly suprised by how good it was... not that I've actually cooked anything out of it yet but never mind!
  5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Got a copy for my birthday recently and enjoyed it as a read alone. I will try some of the recipies in due course.

Celebrities wer easked to name their heroes and a brief note is given.

Harry Patch is asked his hero and he gives "The Unknown German Soldier".

How humbling is that - Patch was a true gentleman and a hugely decent human being. I hope the big RSM in the sky is giving him a good time now.

Although I got the book as a present I would recommend it to anyone - do please buy one.
  6. Received my copy recently, it is brilliant! a fantastic variety of recipes, with easy instructions and some really good write ups on the opposite page of each recipe. I can't recommend this book enough! there is even a recipe for an Egg & Chip Banjo :D This would appeal to most people as there is something for everyone.
  7. I bought it & have tried several of the recipes, they're lush. Also got it for some friends for birthdays/house warmings etc- it's so well put together, definitely recommend it!
  8. Ordered it, will let you know what I think when it arrives.
  9. We got one the other week brought it in Waitrose!

Then we got the The Hero Inside from Tesco's.

Anything for Help for Heroes

10. My Mrs asked me to make the Beef Wellington recipe and it was fantastic :D
  11. fantastic! just bought it and even I can cook from it! The sausage and cider pie was delicious and so easy to do.
  12. I love it :)
  13. i actually wrote some of the recipes, drawing on my 35 years as a private in the catering corps(i got a tape once but i lost it somewhere)
  14. We do have a cookery section, pop along and add your *cough, err, expertise.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)