Help For Heroes - 24 Hour PFT and ACFTs

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by JimsBoyAllGrownUp, Dec 7, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This man completed 24 hours worth of alternate PFT's and ACFTs on the hour, with the last two hours on an 8 mile CFT. What a fantastic effort. His Just Giving Web page is still open for 60 days so if you feel you might want to donate then click on the link and give, give, give.
    http://www.justgiving.com/iainbareham

This is the extract from his site:

"On the 06th December 2007, starting at 1100hrs.

I will be attempting a 24 Hour:

Personal Fitness Test (PFT)41 Press ups, 46 Sit ups, 1.5 mile run under 11mins
    Advanced Combat Fitness Test (ACFT1)1.5 Mile run, with a bergan weighing 20kg in under 15mins
    and Combat Fitness Test (CFT)8 Mile Loaded March in under 2 hours with a bergan weighing 20Kg

I am aiming alternate between a PFT one hour and a ACFT the next hour every hour for 22 hours. The Last two hours will be the CFT.

Why? For this reason

What is Help 4 Heroes all about?
    It’s about the blokes.
    It’s about Derri, a rugby player who has lost both his legs,
    It’s about Carl whose jaw is wired up so he has been drinking through a straw.
    It’s about Richard who was handed a mobile phone as he lay on the stretcher so he could say goodbye to his wife.
    It is about Ben and it’s about them all.
    They are just blokes but they are our blokes; they are our heroes.

ALL GAVE SOME..........SOME GAVE ALL

Donating through this site is simple, fast and totally secure. It is also the most efficient way to sponsor me: Help for Heroes will receive your money faster and, if you are a UK taxpayer, an extra 28% in tax will be added to your gift at no cost to you.
    All monies raised will go to the Tri-Service Rehabilitation Centre at Headley Court which urgently needs a new gym and full-size swimming pool complex, funds raised by myself for Help for Heroes will help build it.
    Please Dig Deep

Many thanks for your support."

2. A sterling effort for a worthy cause.

S_R