HELP For Ex Engineer Pls

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Si--D, Oct 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, Being an Ex Engineer & knowing how good the Black & Tan cable was, I'm trying to get hold of some in civvy st but cant find any, Can get Don10, but would like black and tan.
    Can anyone help?, any Sigs out there????

2. A journo writing an interesting article on cable?

3. R4 is better, and it has scrap value, mind you it depends on what you want to do with it.

4. Hey Many Thanks, I see on their site they actually got the stuff but....
    how much they gonna charge me for it!! lol, I'l send em email. Its gonna be used to Bi-Wire my surround system as this stuff is quality stuff & gonna need miles of it probably producing a small magnetic field around livin room.

DEF 61-12 PT 17 Special Purpose Demolition Cable For Detonator Firing Circuits.

5. Why not use this stuff.

6. Failing the above, how good would R4 be for the job?

7. Cool, its cheap & does the job, Many Thanks :)
    Only thing is is that the B&T cores are twisted around each other making it less likely to pick up interference, which is a bonus for speakers.
    But tryin not to sound ungrateful, as your help muchley appreciated.

Many Thanks

8. It's copper and not insulated, scaleys play with it. It's also as rare as rocking horse shit.

9. Hi, just an update for anyone else goin down this route (I should of renamed topic really to be more helpful)
    I emailed sales@klaceycables.co.uk for a quote on said Black & Tan (thinkin it was going to cost a fortune) they promptly emailed back with quote:

£39.85 mit P&P for a reel

Be aware they don't take credit cards.

Hope this helps

10. Hi, just an update for anyone else goin down this route (I should of renamed topic really to be more helpful)
    I emailed sales@klaceycables.co.uk for a quote on said Black & Tan (thinkin it was going to cost a fortune) they promptly emailed back with quote:

Hope this helps

11. Hi, just an update for anyone else goin down this route (I should of renamed topic really to be more helpful)

Hope this helps

12. Hi, just an update for anyone else goin down this route (I should of renamed topic really to be more helpful)

Hope this helps

13. Not sure where you got that designation from.

It's cable special purpose electric. (CSPE). I've posted the correct part number on the forum somewhere alreday