Help flashing generic Android tablet please

Have a cheapo Android tablet. Keeps on getting various errors such as 'Android server has stopped' etc. Does not seem to affect it too much as I only use it for forum browsing - it's irritating though and I'd like to restore it.

It's unsupported though so has no restore facility that I can comprehend. There's something on it called padupdate which has a choice of online or local. When I select online it "checks" for a few minutes and then says unknown error. The local update option points me to various memory locations where I suspect i'm supposed to have a downloaded ROM. I don't. The only ones I could find seemed to be on sites that install other stuff instead.
Specs:
Model - Q8H
Android - 4.2.2
Firmware-v2.09
Kernel Version -3.4.39
Build number-polaris-eng 4.2.2 8089 20140106 test-keys

Can anyone help please?

Cheers

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
Have a cheapo Android tablet. Keeps on getting various errors such as 'Android server has stopped' etc. Does not seem to affect it too much as I only use it for forum browsing - it's irritating though and I'd like to restore it.

It's unsupported though so has no restore facility that I can comprehend. There's something on it called padupdate which has a choice of online or local. When I select online it "checks" for a few minutes and then says unknown error. The local update option points me to various memory locations where I suspect i'm supposed to have a downloaded ROM. I don't. The only ones I could find seemed to be on sites that install other stuff instead.
Specs:
Model - Q8H
Android - 4.2.2
Firmware-v2.09
Kernel Version -3.4.39

Can anyone help please?

Cheers

Can you start another thread about it please Shippers?

You impatient tosser xxx

I'm now gonna be put in a search function-loop by the grumpy Yorkshireman!!

Specs:
Model - Q8H
Android - 4.2.2
Firmware-v2.09
Kernel Version -3.4.39

Can anyone help please?

Cheers

Ok, here we go. The Q8H is a generic Allwinner tablet.

This flashing guide should work.

http://tabletrom.blogspot.be/2014/03/q8h-allwinner-a23-android-tablet-pc.html

You can also find firmware here

http://bestmobiletrick.blogspot.be/2014/08/allwinner-a23-q8h-v5-tablet-firmware.html

http://www.nextwap.net/file/Fnysoiy8ce/rom_for_q8h_a23_800x480_201312.html

"Local" update involves putting the firmware (rom) into one of the locations you mention and then using the built in flashing program.

Don't blame me if it goes tits up.

Latest Threads