Help finding courses

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by cursedveggie, Jan 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm a R.Signals soldier currently working outside the normal chain of command with only civil-servents and a couple of RAF for company :x , to this end I have no easy access to any sort of courses or training.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a DIN or similar where I can find a list of up-comming courses? I would prefer R. Signal based courses but am willing to do anything to get me out of the office for a few weeks!!

2. How you doing mate?

What you need to do is firstly get access to the Defence intranet, once on there click on the 'Army' link then the 'Training' link in the Subject areas box on the right hand side, then the 'Army Recruiting and Training Division' link this is found in the useful links box, again on the right hand side and finally click on the 'Courses of Instruction - All arms (Pam 1) which is in the centre of the page near the bottom. This will open up a list of most of the Schools, what courses they run, the course dates, Bid by dates and details of how to bid.

Just bear in mind that these run Apr - Apr so the majority of the published courses will now be unavailable, the new Pam 1 should be released within the next few weeks and will list all the courses for the 2010-2011 training year.

Hope this helps.

3. Cheers for that Standby, was exactly what I was looking for. :D

Just have to convince the civvies to let me go now!