help! dead worried about MOD security clearance!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by rogueunit, Jun 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i passed selection last week.

i rang my recruiting officer eager to find out my starting date.
    he suddenly tells me that there is a security issue due to the fact that i was living in japan for 3 and a half years.

i'm worried because i went to the airforce and they flat out refused me, but told me that maybe i could get into the army. so i applied the army and they said no problem.

then now almost 5months later after having passed selection they tell me that there are still unresolved issues they mean i might not get in!

what the *!

apparently japan is one of the few countries that don't give out information. this means that only means of substantiating my residence there are my former employers and passport visa stamps.

anybody know of someone in a similar situation being refused security clearance because of this kind of thing?

2. Why have you posted in this thread when you've already been given an answer elsewhere?

3. You didn't arrive with no shoes did you, having left your date in a bath full of sand on your balcony?

4. someone said this was the right section for this post

5. Are you japanese then mate?

I don't think you can join the british army but im not sure
    why do you want to join the british army

6. no i'm english through 'n' through if you know what i mean.

i just worked in japan for 3 and a half years.

7. O sorry i thought you were japanese :|

8. for the record i have been given 3year provisional MOD clearance which means that i'm covered and will have to reapply after 3years(which will not be a problem as i will have been in the army for duration).

9. You have not passed selection, you have passed RSC.

I am p*ssed off at these people that keep referring their weekend away at RSC as selection.

Selection is United Kingdom Special Forces (UKSF).

So get it right first time!!!!

10. :crash: ....and breath! :meditate:

11. Who is 2404Motorman ? :/

12. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Calm down, he doesn't know any different. :roll:

13. Im also getting p*ssed off with those who are serving and should know better picking on potential soldiers going through the application process. It is known as Recruit SELECTION centre and was formally Army Development SELECTION centre and is SELECTION to the British Army. These youngsters dont know any difference and dont need bullies like you picking on them when their asking serious questions as at no stage did he ask for info on SAS selection. Aswell the ADSC recruit selection days run from Monday to Friday for the 2 day RECRUIT SELECTION and not at weekends as you suggest in you sh*te post, Im sure the original poster is grateful for your constructive reply.

14. Give the lad a break, I am sure serving soldiers who have passed/failed or contemplating SF Selection will know the difference. Turning up for a 2 day RSC by mistake will result in an RTU.